What games are you playing now?

Friends pop by almost every night now to play Magicka. Feels like when I had an Amiga as a young teenager and friends wanted to play Golden Axe... It's so damn fun on multiple players, perhaps the best couch co-op game out there. We search for ultimate combos and hunt for achievements while slowly dragging ourselves through the story.

I'm playing Mystery Manor on Facebook :) It's like the old hide and seek books in the Doctor's office when I was a little kid!

had thief gold for years but never mustered the drive to dive in. granted i've played all of the series numerous times and i only found it after playing all of them in addition to the great thief 2x which i have fond memories of and highly recommend. the thief games have so much atmosphere which despite all the fancy graphics we get these days many games come up way short.

myself i've been playing loads of indie games that i've been picking up on steam sales. so much diversity and creativity.

I bought FAble I from someine I know from the Larian forums - and I think it's quite good.

It reminds me in a lot of aspects of the Drakensang series - and of Zanzarah, too.

What I really don't like about it is the UI.
It just looks so much ... displacxed, it ruins the immersion completely.

An UI like that of Sacred 1 would've been ideal ! - But I guess (that) the Microsoft people just wanted SOMETHING to remind their players of their OS ...

I ventured forth into Dragon Age: Origins, the game I bought straight from the bargain bin this week, and so far I really, really like it. The first big battle had this LotR feel, as well as most of the NPCs I met so far. I remember having read somebody's post about them wishing Biroware had bought the Forgotten Realms license for this one, but I'm really glad they didn't. While the DA background might not be the freshest, it's still better than FR (which is - in my eyes - the worst of all the AD&D settings).

Okay, actually I wouldn't care if the game's background drew heavily from the phone book of Athens or was based on my fridge's manual, as long as it had Alistair. This guy is so adorkable :smitten:...

The signs ...? Beware ...? See, now you made me afraid. :faint:

The banter reminds me of JA2 :), mainly because it's so frequent and rarely too friendly in nature.

Okay, actually I wouldn't care if the game's background drew heavily from the phone book of Athens or was based on my fridge's manual, as long as it had Alistair. This guy is so adorkable :smitten:

Hahaha! That was hilarious. I too just loved the game and Alistair was just great. I've played through twice and saving my third run for some time in the future but I have to romance Alistair every time. I love Zevran but he's more like my trouble-making brother or something :)

@Jaz

I meant beware of falling into the trap of buying crummy DLC and DA2. ;)

The first DA was the first part of a classic bait and switch scam.

I still need to play JA2. Thanks for reminding me! :)

@Celeste: Reminds me of Jaz, ME2 and Garrus. I just could not NOT romance that guy during my first and second playthrough ^^.

@Thrasher: I never buy DLC, unless it comes in a value pack later on. But thanks for the warning :). As for DA2 ... I'm not sure about this yet. Heard this, heard that.

Sheesh, now I'm afraid you might not like JA2 ...

@Sammy: My char is a human noble rogue. Love to play those sticky-fingered types.

@Celeste: Reminds me of Jaz, ME2 and Garrus. I just could not NOT romance that guy during my first and second playthrough ^^.

Yep, I'm going to romance him...my word but they are making me jump through hoops to get his loyalty mission.:D Meanwhile, when I first got Jacob and talked to him, my character was all smarmy and coming on strong, I felt icky. Not that Jacob was so bad but his romance option made him such a push over and I couldn't stand the way Shepard was smoozing. Does that make any sense?? I've been playing 5 hours and my grasp of grammar is shot hehe

It didn't matter anyway because when I started playing, I was going to snag Garrus :)

I played both a noble Rogue Archer and Duel-wield on my playthroughs. I like being all about dodging ;)

DA:O was the last game Bioware made that I liked, and with the direction they seem to be going now, it might stay that way.

I'm looking forward to a replay someday (played a human noble warrior), but one of the things that game has going against it is the length. It was actually a bit *too* long, imo.

Does that make any sense?? I've been playing 5 hours and my grasp of grammar is shot hehe
Oh, but it does make perfect sense :).
My son was hoping I'd go for Tali with my male Shep; the kid had been all smoochy about her since the first game (just like I had fallen for Garrus), and he was really disappointed when I ended up with Jack instead. But hey, my male Shep is a lad who tries to talk the whole galaxy into being good and doing the decent thing, so Jack was the natural option here - another person proselytized ;).
Well, I heard that most male players tend to fall for Tali while Garrus dominates the female fan clubs, and I really wonder how they (Bioware) do that? Create such irresistable NPCs, I mean.

Anyway, back to playing DA …

Back
Top Bottom