DA:O Qwinn's DA:O Fixpack v2.0 Released!

Dragon Age: Origins

Qwinn

Traveler
Hello all! Just thought I'd let you all know, version 2.0 of my Dragon Age: Origins Fixpack is out (Gee, Qwinn, didn't version 1.0 come out like a month ago? Why yes, yes it did…)

Version 2.0 fixes about 40 more bugs, most of them dialog bugs but a few other fixes as well such as the Jowan's Intentions quest now being completable, restored rewards for the Rigby's Last Will and Testament quest, two previously undisarmable traps can now be disarmed, and more. Full details at the link.

http://social.bioware.com/project/2563/

By the way, just thought I'd note that the previous RPGWatch news item about my mod (thanks for the mention, btw!) states that the intent of the mod is to fix bugs introduced by patch 1.03. That's not really the case - probably less than 3% of the bugs I address are a result of 1.03. The vast majority of the bugs I fix were there in every version of the game so far.

Also, while I'm here, if you downloaded my Planescape Torment Fixpack version 4.1 from Spellhold Studios, I have released a 4.11 version that solves a problem in the English Dialogue Fixes component with missing line breaks in item descriptions, sorry about that error.

http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/inde … showcat=83

Looks like a lot of hours were put into this. Thanks for the efforts. I did note that you recommend deleting your first fix and then installing 2.0. That was in the BioWare discussions on the mod. Correct me if I am wrong.

Seems like you did another awesome job.
How about an Awakening version next? ;)

Nice work, and welcome to the forums!

I'm still waiting for a patch of any kind (official or unofficial) to fix the most serious bugs of Awakening. Especially the crashing Awakening introduced is annoying (it's even around in Origins now).

I'm still waiting for a patch of any kind (official or unofficial) to fix the most serious bugs of Awakening. Especially the crashing Awakening introduced is annoying (it's even around in Origins now).

You're not the first person I've seen talking about instability with Awakening. It's been rock solid for me so far though, about 12 hours in and not a single crash.

I had quite a few, even in Origins after I installed Awakening. Also, there are some very annoying bugs that can occur at certain points in the game. During my first playthrough I did not experience those bugs, but in my 2nd I did. It's definetly possible to be lucky, which means the expansion is a blast - the content itself is certainly worth the price and then some in my opinion.

I agree, I'm actually enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. I really like the new NPCs, Anders in particular, and the party banter is great, especially between Oghren and Sigrun.

Oghren is hilarious, and now he's actually useful as well - two handed weapons really got an overhaul through the new talents. In Origins, dual-wield is superior by a long shot.

There's many design of Awakening that are good for me, but many fail because of the quantity, the bantering is a good example, too few of them so you'll heard the same plenty time during your first play through. The characters are also more attaching for me but not enough developed so when you had dig DAO characters, those of Awakening seem a bit pale because not well enough developed.

I feel they need better writers that know be efficient without requiring ton of dialogs and interactions.

Two Handed was already great in DAO, 2 or even 3 2H was very very powerful. In fact with Awakening they lost one of their exclusive plus quite powerful, the resistance to know down/stunning.

Back
Top Bottom