What games are you playing now?

Started playing Shadowrun Returns and I like it so far. Only about 2 hours in it at the moment.

I also got Duex Ex GoTY and updated it with the higher graphics stuff but haven't started playing it yet. I want to finish SR first.

Still on FF13.
One of the worst games I've played in my life.
I still haven't written what I've promised about The Last Remnant, but compared to FF13, TLR is lightyears better. I still say TLR is a garbage of a game that has it's place only on consoles mediocrity, so just try to imagine my disappointment with FF13.

Playing Fallout New Vegas now. I usually don't play this type of games (exploration focus), but I've had it forever in my queue and probably got it for cheapz.

So far, yeah, I don't really care for exploration games. Also, I may be doing something wrong, but it feels that having both real time and VATS combat feels very overpowered. I can snipe from a mile away in real time (in VATS it says the % chance to hit is like 2%, but real time with a scope it's more like 75%), and when the creature gets close, switch to shotgun and VATS, and double wham its head. I think the game should ask you at the start "do you want to play real time or VATS", but probably that's just me.

I'll try and finish the game, but yeah, not diggin' it.

There's actually inherent autoaim in both Fallout 3 and New Vegas. There's mods to reduce or even eliminate it... that 75% to hit with a scope will go down considerably. Project Nevada has this feature, not sure on other mods.

There's actually inherent autoaim in both Fallout 3 and New Vegas. There's mods to reduce or even eliminate it… that 75% to hit with a scope will go down considerably. Project Nevada has this feature, not sure on other mods.

Well I finished NV anyway, so playing Blackguards now :)

Playing the first Mass Effect with the Mass Effect 1 Updated/Improved Textures Mod(MEUITM)and it's a fantastic game.
Couldn't play it when it first came out as my computer at the time couldn't handle it and just never got back to the game, but it was worth the wait with this mod lol.
Plus I have Mass Effect 2 and 3 to look forward to, have to find a sale on those somewhere.

Played a few weekends of Dragon Age: Inquisition now. Finally comfortable with the mouse and keyboard controls. XP at level 14 and located in the surprise location during the Here Lies the Abyss quest. Have visited a lot of regions, only explored a little in some, further in others, none are close to being completed.

Why? Trying to keep from being overlevelled for the main quests.

Still not much of challenge on normal difficulty. Haven't tried fighting a dragon yet. Dreading that somewhat since long protracted whittling down of high HP bosses (like Pride demons) is very tedious and slow in tactical mode. If I can, I just let the AI do it in realtime without much of my input, and I suffer a little more damage just to get it over with quickly. I somehow doubt I can do that when fighting a dragon with a full party. Maybe just a tank character, while I wash the car. ;) I find playing in tactical mode a lot more fun for low HP but more deadly enemies, like shadows and mages, where the battles are resolved quickly. Otherwise it gets boring, with all the respawns.

The story quests and companion interactions are what makes the game interesting. Exploration is fine too, except when interrupted by continuous respawning which happens in a few spots, that I've discovered where to avoid or run through. The horse is good for this.

Last edited:
Messing around with Tiny Bang Story right now. Was putzing around on Steam yesterday and read a mini review from our very own Dajjer. Noticed the game was on sale for $0.49 and couldn't say no. Not too bad so far. Had a long week and weekend, so a casual game seemed like just the ticket.

Exploration is fine too, except when interrupted by continuous respawning which happens in a few spots, that I've discovered where to avoid or run through.
That's 10/10 game of the year, and will probably be the game of decade.

Anyway, after 32 hours of tunnel crawling nonsense in Final Fantasy 13, I'm finally in openworld! Yay!!!
Err... Not quite, it's some huge area where I can kill endless respawns over and over...
And still linear.

What was Square Enix thinking? Made an animated CGI movie then just added some quasi grinding system around it?
I won't be writing about this game much, apparently it's sequel is totally different and is not 30 hours of linear tunnel crawl so hopefully I'll write about that one instead. When I buy it and if.

For all those who want to give FF13 a shot - IMO you shouldn't. Skip it. This game is a disgrace. And just as TLR, they should have kept this garbage on consoles or port it onto phones instead of PC.

Joxer everything you are complaining about FF 13 has been well documented, and debated over a thousand times when it launched on consoles years ago.

Link for a Post-Mortem about why it launched the way it did. Basically Square doesn't care as they made a huge profit off the three games already.

Last edited:
Yea I wasn't on consoles years ago. And won't be years more. :D
But as said, apparently FF13-2 went completely different route with massive changes on game system. No wonder, noone should pay for this FF13 garbage.

I didn't play FF games ever and took this one because enemies are not invisible, but… Someone who plays games on consoles… Is FF13 the worst FF game ever? But just the first one, not FF13-2, not FF13 Ligtning Returns.

Yea I wasn't on consoles years ago. And won't be years more. :D
But as said, apparently FF13-2 went completely different route with massive changes on game system. No wonder, noone should pay for this FF13 garbage.

I didn't play FF games ever and took this one because enemies are not invisible, but… Someone who plays games on consoles… Is FF13 the worst FF game ever? But just the first one, not FF13-2, not FF13 Ligtning Returns.

I liked FF until FF 10. After that they started the whole auto-combat thing with programming thresholds and actions that I never liked. I played FF13 and got almost to the end, but then the dreaded boss fights came and I abandoned it (I seriously hate boss fights). I played a bit of FF13-2 but ... meh.

Erm, I don't actually hate boss fights, they are keeping the game from being a total disaster. Of course dunno what comes with later bosses.

And that reminded me on something. Someone should tell those goddamned porting companies that on PC, to skip a cutscene you need to click, or rightclick, or space, or esc, or something else, but just once. There is no combinations or crap.
I can't believe, after the idiocy in The Last Remnant they did the same thing here. To skip a cutscene, you need to press 0 for pause, then you press 1 to skip the scene. Unbelievable.

Luckily I saw this from TLR por so I knew where to look. If I didn't I'd hate the game even more because usually prior to a difficult boss fight where you'll lose at least once till you find a proper strategy, you watch a longlasting cutscene. And you can't possibly skip it with one click or one key. No.

I'm playing Lords of Xulima, which is great, but I'm figuring out that completing it could be a real problem. I don't consider a game 'finished' until every last black pixel is removed from every map, and every quest is completed. Given that this game is already something like 80-100 hours for most normal people who aren't obsessive/compulsive like me, I'm starting to worry that this could actually be the last game I ever play.

I can't know this very moment how many hours I spend in the game, but I finished everything including clearing every single grinding invisible enemies spot.
Will check when I return home, but it was cca 100 hours.

Then again, I'm not obsessive/compulsive, just blunt, rude and unforgiving/unforgetting. :D
It would be such a shame if it's the last game you ever play as there are a few great titles released recently you should at least peek into.

I'm playing Lords of Xulima, which is great, but I'm figuring out that completing it could be a real problem. I don't consider a game 'finished' until every last black pixel is removed from every map, and every quest is completed. Given that this game is already something like 80-100 hours for most normal people who aren't obsessive/compulsive like me, I'm starting to worry that this could actually be the last game I ever play.

I put my game in hiatus. Unfortunately I can't tell how long I've played it, I know it was a lot but it was while I was offline in a long trip. I played it like every day for like 4 hours for 3 or so weeks, and I think I'm only about halfway through.

Last edited:
About 40 hours deep into my Gothic 2 exploration. Wonderful, wonderful game. Progressing nicely in the expansion zone and things are really getting interesting there. I'm currently trying to find all of the mansions of the ancient people and explore them thoroughly. Fighting my way through orcs, shadowbeasts, and all sorts of foul creatures is great fun, and very tense and exciting throughout. I love the contrast of enemy types in this game. Each enemy feels different and has their own behaviors and talents. Great stuff.

I hope to find a few more stone tablets soon and finally confront Raven. Should be fun. :)

While installing Morrowind for the 3 millionth time, I discovered the ease of installing mods via the nexus mod manager. So instead of actually playing anything, I've just been installing/uninstalling mods and making .ini tweaks for about a week now. I reinstalled Skyrim LE and have been messing with that more than Morrowind though. I'm currently being OCD about DoF and color saturation using imaginator and dynavision. ENB's kill my little asus hd7750

Just got a new 'mini desktop' PC and installed a few fun games - Divine Divinity, Divinity: Original Sin, Baldur's Gate 2: EE, Gothic 2, Jedi Academy, and Dishonored. I am focused on *really* paying attention and engaging in Dishonored this time around :)

OK ... to follow up ...

Now playing Grim Fandango remake ... on the Playstation Vita.

Yes, really. Love the hardware despite the lack of games ... and had money sitting in my 'wallet' (stupid indirect Playstation payment system), so why not. It plays quite well - would be an easy transfer to iPad or iPhone so Joxer could play it ;)

Back
Top Bottom