Released kickstarter games

One of my most anticipated games has been released at least first part of it.

Dreamfall chapters:Book I has been released.It raised $1.5M on kickstarter and it was planed to be full scale game but during development it was decided to be released in episodic form.

I don't like episodic games and will probably wait for game to be completed.I also need to replay original Dreamfall, I replayed The longest journey 2 years ago and I planed to do the same with Dreamfall so I will do it now.

Added Lords of Xulima and Warmachine tactics to the list.I waited bit to add them inn hope some reviews will come out but nothing so far.At least for Lords of Xulima there are bunch of user impressions everywhere.

Added 2 new games to the list.

Elite dangerous .As stated above I did wait for reviews and most of them are positive and common opinion is that game will be great once more content is out.

Jagged alliance.I guess I had to acknowledge it's existence one day.If you already don't know it's bugy mess and biggest disappointment this decade.

Elite dangerous .As stated above I did wait for reviews and most of them are positive and common opinion is that game will be great once more content is out.

I reckon that what they have already achieved with just £1.5m from Kickstarter and in just two years is pretty stunning and there is a lot more in the game than some reviewers have appreciated (due to the sandbox nature, vast scale and minimal hand holding it is easy to miss stuff). People who were expecting all 400 billion suns to be individually rendered etc. should appreciate that games, like GTA 5 and AAA MMOs, have over 100 times the budget and still could typically use a lot of improvement. Best game yet from Kickstarter by 400 billion miles!!

Added 2 new games to the list.

Jagged alliance.I guess I had to acknowledge it's existence one day.If you already don't know it's bugy mess and biggest disappointment this decade.
Both of those games are disappointments for various reasons, but they mostly deal with the amount of money earned wasn't enough to fully develop the game.

Both developers have spoken about this problem multiple times as well.

Both of those games are disappointments for various reasons, but they mostly deal with the amount of money earned wasn't enough to fully develop the game.

Both developers have spoken about this problem multiple times as well.

I haven't tried JA, but think that is unfair in the case of Elite D, all the core gameplay is there and for many of us it is the best game of 2014 by a mile. I think the people complaining are just looking for something else: Elite is a sandbox, that you mainly play in your imagination and many people want a theme park with a mostly linear progression; Star Citizen may do that - if they ever finish it.

I think, so far that if Elite D has a weakness it is that the missions pay disproportionately to trading - and that seems like a concession to the impatient.

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with the scope of the game so quit your assumptions. I'm talking about the axing of the promised Single player campaign because funds ran out.

Just read the latest interviews with all the information.

Now as for JA:F the dev's admitted funding wasn't enough for development.

Update: I'm starting to realize now that publishers are not just to blame for bad games anymore as Kickstater has shown developers often share the blame.

Examples - (bugs, missed deadlines, outright lies, and poor money management.)

Anyway I'm tired of all the apologist's when it deals with kickstarter games, and their failures. So I'm done moving on now enjoy your X-Mas.

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with the scope of the game so quit your assumptions. I;m talking about you the axing of the promised Single player campaign because funds ran out.

Just read the latest interviews.

Kickstarters don't promise anything. You can give them your money and lose all of it with no game at all (and mostly the results have been very poor, even those that have released). Frontier, OTOH, have made a great game and just changed their mind about what seems to most of us to be a detail, as they have every right to do.

And they were not promising a "single player campaign" they just anticipated a version that could be played offline. However, later in development they added features that would mean that an offline version would be inferior (dynamic markets, real time event updates etc) and just a different gameplay experience. So they rightly, IMOP, dropped the offline version, which would have added nothing and taken much more development time.

People just don't seem to understand the software development process, but surely they see enough projects fail to understand that a small developer somewhat moving the goal posts is a lot better than that. And what is all the fuss about anyway? You can still play solo in the current version, and most people have some kind of broad band connection.

Kickstarter is not a shop, where you buy cheap games, it is for supporting companies you believe in. I reckon the vast majority of people who backed elite are very happy with what Frontier have achieved.

P.S. don't want to clutter up this thread if anyone has anything to say on the issue, I started a new topic here: http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26998

Last edited:
Added sunless sea to the list.There was preview on Watch so everyone should be familiar with the game.

As for myself, I want to play it badly but unfortunately I moved in to new place in new town and I have not set up my PC yet nor time to.Even this I write on bloody smarthphone.

Back
Top Bottom