What did you get for Xmas?

For all that need an anti-flu-spell:

Attachments

• anti_husten.jpg
    anti_husten.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 55
I don't know about Chinese medicine but Korean kimchi works like a wonder for those nasty flus ;) plus it doesn't contain endangered animals. Just chilly and cabbages (and other veggies)

Last edited:
Hmmm, didn't get anything but took most of my in-laws to Steak n Shake for supper on Xmas day. Most of them don't have much money, so this was a way for everyone to get together without the pressure of having to buy gifts. 12 folks was only $118, so not too bad.

As I get older, I much prefer to do it this way. I really don't need anything at this point and I hate trying to come up with some type of list.

I don't know about Chinese medicine but Korean kimchi works like a wonder for those nasty flus ;) plus it doesn't contain endangered animals. Just chilly and cabbages (and other veggies)

I absolutely love kimchi!! But the smell is far from wonderful though :p

I still remember when I brought kimhi on the airplane from South Korea… south korean people would look at me and smile when they felt the smell… people from all other people gave me disgusted looks :D And when I tried to offer it to some people here in Sweden they asked if I was trying to poision them after smelling it!

The taste is just lovely though! Mmmm, which I had some right now to eat :)

As for Christmas presents,

it was a soft year, I got clothes, clothes and more clothes and an electric toothbrush.. let's see if it is true that it makes your teeth better…

I got a couple games and gift certificates but gifts seemed pretty insignificant after my dad passed away late Christmas night.:'(

That's really horrible! I know it doesn't help, but my condolences.

Thank you, kind words are always nice.

I probably shouldn't have posted this here though as I don't want to bring the thread down but I felt I had to say something for some reason.

My dad worked his whole life to support us then finally was able to retire last year at 62. Shortly after he was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer and 6 month later he's gone. Saying life isn't fair has never felt more true.

Don't want to hijack the thread though, I'll just say enjoy your holidays and spend them surrounded by family and friends as you never know when that time wil end.

All we do know is that whenever it does, it will be too soon.

Unlike sakichop, I want to hijack this thread.

aZWoEgX_460s.jpg

Joxer, you are nothing if not predictable. ;-p

Sorry for your loss sakichop. There are no real words to help, but sending a prayer your way and for your family.

My wife lost her dad last year on Dec. 12th, sakichop, so I know how tough Christmas can be after that. He had worked until he was 80 and died at 84. He basically worked until his health stopped him. Sorry for your loss.

I received one gift for this Christmas.....ten days with my wife, father in law, his wife, and a brother in law, at an Ibeostar all inclusive resort, near Cancun. A totally unforgettable Christmas for us all!!! Our room (wife and I) was roughly a stones' throw from the ocean.

Sorry to hear that sakichop :( Yes, the things parents do for us....

@Carnifex: sounds like you had a wonderful xmas!! :) Kind of jealous haha.

Back
Top Bottom