Witcher 3 - Review Roundup # 1

According to Gamespot, the PS4 version is the only one provided for advance review.

So, no talk about PC downgrading just yet !

Well, needlesse to say I'm still eagerly await to play it !!!

According to Gamespot, the PS4 version is the only one provided for advance review.

So, no talk about PC downgrading just yet !

Well, needlesse to say I'm still eagerly await to play it !!!

I think downgrade is definite, but can not judge how bad from PS4 only reviews.

that Gamespot review put my fears to rest when it comes to Monster Quota.

Aww yeah - bring on the monstrous creatures and fucked-up NPCs!

screw the 'downgrading' (which I think is a lot about nothing); I want to hear about the pc interface. Somewhat concern that this interface is not being exposed.

Sorry you can't hear about PC controls yet. Review copies on PC will unlock the same day as for the rest of us.

I bet we won't hear any objections on visuals and controls on PC, but instead only this could be a topic (old comic from Escapist):

critical-miss-comics-pc-master-race-fps-1896089.png

Skip the Kotaku review… even with the one SPOILER section, the whole thing is sort of spoilery.

Thanks for the info. I tend to not read any reviews in detail, except for the Metacritic snippets. Even Gamespot's review has spoilers, telling you where you meet certain characters…I just don't understand why they have to do that…there is no reason to name specific places and events.

Anyway, Gamespot giving it 10/10 is truly amazing. Kevin is usually quite demanding of his RPGs. A harbinger of good times, methinks.

Thanks for the info. I tend to not read any reviews in detail, except for the Metacritic snippets. Even Gamespot's review has spoilers, telling you where you meet certain characters…I just don't understand why they have to do that…there is no reason to name specific places and events.

I fully agree. Among other factors that is one of the major reason why I have completely stopped reading game reviews. And as if the massive spoilers in the text weren't bad enough, the mags -online and offline- often times include screenshots from boss fights (even the final one!) or other key scenes in their reviews. It's completely ridiculous.
Basically if you watch a game's official trailers, which usually contain spoilers galore, too, and read a typical online/offline review, then you will have zero surprises waiting for you when you're playing the game.

Same with movies. Every trailer nowadays seems to be made up of the best scenes or even giving away the pivotal twists and turns in the story.
The really bad part with movies: Contrary to game trailers, if you go to the cinema, you can't even ignore them as the trailers are pushed in your face before every viewing. What's the point of all that?

It's pretty silly how you have to media-blackout yourself in order not to be spoiled too much. The spoilers are lurking around every corner these days…

Wait a few months and you'll forget the spoilers. ;)

What's that 'time to decide' thing!? Those decisions are hard - I don't want a time limit!

screw the 'downgrading' (which I think is a lot about nothing); I want to hear about the pc interface. Somewhat concern that this interface is not being exposed.

Screw the PC interface (which I think is a lot about nothing); I want to hear about the 'downgrading'. Somewhat concern that this downgrading is not being exposed.

:lol: just kidding, I'd like to hear about both.

I suspect the whole downgrading thing is being blown out of proportion by people with zero first hand experience basing their ranting on the opinions of others who also have little to nothing to go on. Not that ridiculous and excessive behavior ever happens on the intraweb or anything.

My PC is decent but not that over the top and I usually can run anything on ultra and expect to run Witcher 3 on ultra (since sadly developers do design for the inferior platforms and it continues to hold PC gaming back even if they do occasionally throw the PC an extra bone or pretend to give a crap) - so I'll judge for myself and really, I'm far more into gameplay than nit picking over how good the hair on some ogre's ass looks. The fact that this game looks to be more visually amazing than most on top of having great gameplay is gravy.

Did any of you read the new license? We are not allowed to cheat or hack (edit configuration files outside the game) and they can change the terms (license) any time they want.

Eurogamer said:
Wild Hunt's underlying systems aren't quite so strong, however. They're functional - and almost always enjoyable - but they frequently feel secondary to the broader adventures they serve.

Combat, for instance - a crunchy mix of two-button sword-swinging and magic attacks - is knockabout fun and sometimes relatively strategic; while this is enough to see you through the game's surprisingly infrequent enemy encounters, it lacks the depth that some other RPGs offer.

It's shit combat but at least there's not a lot of it?

Yay, Witcher 3. :/

What's that 'time to decide' thing!? Those decisions are hard - I don't want a time limit!

Did they really add a dialogue timer? I slogged through it in Alpha Protocol, because I liked the game overall, but I hated the damn timer. It added nothing to the experience, except annoyance. This might make we wait to play to see if someone mods it out.

Did they really add a dialogue timer? I slogged through it in Alpha Protocol, because I liked the game overall, but I hated the damn timer. It added nothing to the experience, except annoyance. This might make we wait to play to see if someone mods it out.

Witcher 2 had it sometimes in key conversation choices (it was pretty rare though - it wasn't every conversation choice, just the occasional 'important' one)

Witcher 2 had it sometimes in key conversation choices (it was pretty rare though - it wasn't every conversation choice, just the occasional 'important' one)
That shit was irritating. Another reason why I like TW1 more.

Skip the Kotaku review… even with the one SPOILER section, the whole thing is sort of spoilery.

I'd say skip kotaku reviews………period.

I won't be reading any reviews though, I'm pretty confident the game will be great and I preordered anyways….. so no spoilers at all for me lol

This PC "downgrading" talk confuses me.
Should not the console versions be downgraded since they have inferior hardware compared to "recomended" PC sysreq?
Their HW is basically close to minimum PC sysreq.

Back
Top Bottom