Max payne 3 - offline?

booboo

SasqWatch
Hello All,
Not an RPG (I think ;-) but I purchased MP3 from Steam on Sale and after grinding through a 29 GB downlaod :-( and authenticating, would like to run it in offline mode. Anyone know who to do this? I found a support page from Rockstar that suggests you can ('only reqires Internet to aurthenticate') , but I am always forced to log in to their 'social network' which means I can't be offline... I want to cart this game around with me so don't want 'always online' requirement. Thanks -
B

If you don't need an internet connection during gameplay, you can just disable the LAN card as explained here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v_dOruPby4
Later, to get internet back, just use those steps to enable the card.

If you however need to check what's new on RPGwatch every few minutes by tabbing out of the game ;), then just block the game in your firewall. How to do that is explained here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek3PXGA9db0

I don't have that game so can't test if it works by myself, sorry. :(

I will try blocking it and see if it still works…but I'll be p'd off if they actually lied about that - because that's what they will have done if there is no offline mode. I have accepted that most games need to be authenticated online these days, but in principle I except that I should be able to play them all offline after that (for non multiplayer games, that is) .

edit: Just tried starting steam in offline mode: can't connect to their social network, so can't start the game. No option to avoid signing in either (and can't even quit the game at that point need to use task manager…that is just BS). As far as I know the game i activated - I show up on their social web site stats. I am…not amused.

edit 2: found this on their web site.

"Question: I can't play the Steam version of Max Payne 3 with Steam in Offline Mode because I get a bunch of error messages. Help!

Answer: We are aware of a possible issue when running Max Payne with with Steam in Offline Mode. Some of the reported results include a "Failed to Contact Key Server" error, or "There was an error linking your Social Club account to Steam" followed by a freeze with INITIALIZING on the screen.

We are currently looking into this. If you would like to receive an automatic email notification as soon as there is more information, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.

In the meantime, we recommend playing the Steam version of Max Payne 3 with Steam in Online mode."

WTF!? This game has been out since May! Another posts states that you can play the game in offline mode - bunch of liars.

Last edited:
Hmmm… All I see on it's community hub is repeated titles with the word "Помогите" which means "help" and also numerous titles about crashing.

Also there is a thread about game disconecting internet by itself reported by many players where the only solution is installing social club from the official rockstar site
(http://www.rockstargames.com/support/IV/PC/RSGSC/index.html ).

Unbelievable. I know this doesn't help you, but I can't believe ppl are having so many problems with the game half a year after it's release - are they trying to beat Skyrim's record?

Back
Top Bottom