Risen - 3rd GDC Video

Dhruin

SasqWatch
World of Risen is pointing out a 3rd Risen video from GDC, this time at a French site called clubic.com. Here's their blurb:
The third video from the GDC has been released. This time from a french site. The video quality is a bit higher than on the first two videos. The video report addresses multiple games, one of them is RISEN.

As usual, the info that Piranha Bytes and Deep Silver gave about all GDC videos: The aspect ratio is wrong and the combat system is not the final one.
Head over for the link.
More information.

For non french speaking people :

They say :
The game was shown in a ridiculous setting ( night club type ).
The main development platform is the X360. [ I think it's wrong, huh? ].
Then, they explain the overall gameplay : open world, factions, quest, ...
They think that the game was "not bad", but with rigid (oldish ) animations, some bad textures and unconvincing water rendering.
Finally, they insist on the feeling of a step down compared to Gothic 3 technically/graphically wise.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention a tiny sentence they throw just before switching to the next game : "remember it's a Work In Progress".

Last edited:
Main development is the Xbox360? Is PB hyping this or are these companies getting this just totally wrong.

A step down? Don't think so. I've seen the vids. No way it's a step down.

Main development is the Xbox360? Is PB hyping this or are these companies getting this just totally wrong.

I think a (PB) developer said it's the opposite. Some are saying that it's just marketting bullshit.

A step down? Don't think so. I've seen the vids. No way it's a step down.

To me it looks on part with G3.

Edit: A better translation of "retour en arrière" is maybe "step back" instead of "step down" ( if there's a significant difference ) ?

Last edited:
Edit: A better translation of "retour en arrière" is maybe "step back" instead of "step down" ( if there's a significant difference ) ?

AFAIK A step back is basically the same as a step down. Both of them imply it is not as good as G3.

Well, yes, but "step down" feels a bit too strong to me in that context compared to "step back"; but as I'm not a native english speaker, I was asking the differences between these two expressions.
( And yes, sometimes, I'm a "fly fucker" as we say in frogland :) )

Yes, they were mainly criticizing textures (ground, walls ) and animations (hero). Not a word about about the rest, if you except their "not bad at all". Anyway, you can't make a good game preview in 1'45".

Back
Top Bottom