Eschalon: Book III - Officially Announced

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Today Basilisk games officially announced Eschalon Book III.
Basilisk Games Announces the development of "Eschalon: Book III" For Windows, Macintosh and Linux

Indianapolis, IN - November 19, 2012 - Basilisk Games, Inc. today officially announced the development of the third and final game in the Eschalon trilogy: Book III.

“It feels great to be able to announce that we are developing the final game in the Eschalon trilogy” said Thomas Riegsecker, CEO of Basilisk Games. “Although we've never hidden the fact that we've been working on it for some time, we can finally unveil a bit of the game to our fans who have waited so long to hear more about it. Announcing Book III on the fifth year anniversary of Book I’s release just felt appropriate.”

Eschalon: Book III is being developed for Windows, Macintosh and Linux computers. It features numerous fan requested updates and brings the trilogy to a climatic end. Currently scheduled for a Summer 2013 release, a more specific release date will be announced on the Basilisk Games website early next year. Visit http://basiliskgames.com for more information.

About Eschalon: Book III

Eschalon: Book III is the final game in the award-winning Eschalon RPG series, following Book I's release in 2007 and Book II's release in 2010. The Eschalon RPG series features sprawling, open-ended game worlds and almost unlimited character development options. Book III brings the series to a climatic end as you seek to uncover the mystery of four powerful gemstones and your clouded past. No experience with either of the first two games is needed to enjoy this final chapter in the Eschalon saga. More information on the game can be found online at: http://basiliskgames.com/eschalon-book-iii
More information.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post, good to know and read about!

I sense that I'm getting to closer to the end of my very first Eschalon Book I playthrough. My mage is now level 13 or so and I'm currently exploring the Crakamir section of the map. It's almost time to locate the Goblin Fortress, which I'll do after finishing up some more exploration.

I can honestly say though that one hasn't truly played Eschalon Book I until one has fully experienced the impending doom of an immense horde of Taurax descending upon the player. :D.

Great to hear that things are progressing well. One of the few games going on my "must buy immediately" list.

looks very good! This is one of my favorite RPGs. Simple, but refined at the same time. I don't remember where I read it, but the next series will be more of the same, but this time with a party of 4 or so characters to control.

Funny they promised party play for Book II at one point. Great games anyway though. A must buy. I'm turning off food requirements this time though!

Looks and sounds great!

WHY IS THIS NOT ON THE IPAD???

I just bought one, so they better step up! :)

Seriously, it would be the perfect iPad game.

Looks and sounds great!

WHY IS THIS NOT ON THE IPAD???

I just bought one, so they better step up! :)

Seriously, it would be the perfect iPad game.

I LOL'd! So another one bit the dust, eh?

looks very good! This is one of my favorite RPGs. Simple, but refined at the same time. I don't remember where I read it, but the next series will be more of the same, but this time with a party of 4 or so characters to control.

I hope that's true. A lack of party and the low resolution has kept me away from this game despite the favorable reviews. Played the demo of the first title and couldn't get past either of those issues.

These are simply excellant....I cannot wait to play.

A lack of party and the low resolution has kept me away from this game
Lack of party I can understand, but "low resolution"? Really?! The Eschalon series is one of the best looking indie CRPGs there is and quite high res too. I wouldn't call the graphics low resolution - they aren't badly pixellated, nor crudely cobbled together. To me the graphics are quite sharp and crisp. In addition, all characters are smoothly animated and the player avatar even shows what gear you're wearing and what weapon you're wielding. The lighting and spell effects are also very well made and look very professional. Et cetera. If there's one thing that the Eschalon series is accused of, it surely cannot be poor, low res graphics. At least, IMO.

Different strokes and all, but in the world of indie CRPGs, Eschalon is a beauty.

I hope that's true. A lack of party and the low resolution has kept me away from this game despite the favorable reviews. Played the demo of the first title and couldn't get past either of those issues.

I don't think lack of party is flaw in this case.If it where party based rework of very good stat/skill system would be necessary.There are lot of very good party based RPGs but not lot games like Eschalon.

Yeah the low resolution killed it for me also.
I mean I play on a widescreen monitor that's a must for me these days, heck I can even play older games like Baldur's Gate, Arcanum and Planscape Torment with widescreen resolutions not to mention indie games like Spiderwebs' Avadon.
Hopefully the third chapter of Eschalon will support it.

Yeah the low resolution killed it for me also.
I mean I play on a widescreen monitor that's a must for me these days, heck I can even play older games like Baldur's Gate, Arcanum and Planscape Torment with widescreen resolutions not to mention indie games like Spiderwebs' Avadon.
Hopefully the third chapter of Eschalon will support it.

Exactly. 1024x780 or whatever it is looks not so good on widescreen. I could probably have tolerated it because even for a low res, it does look OK. But I really don't care for games without a party. Sorry.

You guys do know you can force it to keep aspect ratio for the screen right?

no, I mean you can keep it at the size it should be so the pixels stay the same.

Back
Top Bottom