Kickstarter - Days of Dawn

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The devs of Days of Dawn let us know they have a Kickstarter going where they are aiming for 95K and are currently at 22K with 13 days to go. As they say themselves:
„Days of Dawn“ is an original roleplaying game coming in HD-glory, pledging to bring back the flair of early roleplaying games – imagine classic titles of the 16-bit era in beautifully handpainted hi-res graphics and an orchestra-quality soundtrack.
The spells in the magic system use your emotional state to determine the effect. Only by learning to channel your emotions in the right way you can get the desired effect out of a spell.
With two additional traits – emotional control and emotional strength – and seven feelings of differing intensity, not only do your characters personalities influence the outcome of magic usage, but also the experiences and encounters they make during their journey.
The game is scheduled to be released on Windows, Linux, Mac, Android and Pandora (an open source handheld gaming platform).
There is an early beta version of the game available to all those who have at least pledged 69 dollars.
More information.

Android?
I'm skipping it.

P.S. I did look the KS page, it does look interesting and promising and worth supporting, but... Port to Android? Cmon. Sorry, I just can't get over it.

Hmmm, some interesting stuff there, like the magic system and the overall really nice hand-drawn graphics. Great so far. ... But line-up combat and cutesey monsters? Not so much...

There is an early beta version of the game available to all those who have at least pledged 69 dollars.
Am I reading that right? For a mere $69, I will have the privilege of beta testing a half-finished indie RPG?

I like the tech and art direction but the eastern combat and cutesy approach doesn't work for me.

Final Fantasy is a classic? I'm getting old...

I've never been able to get into JRPGs much, and this looks to be too much in that vein for me. The magic system sounds interesting, though.

Am I reading that right? For a mere $69, I will have the privilege of beta testing a half-finished indie RPG?
Yes, that and the rest of that tier:
you'll get the beautifully designed COLLECTOR'S EDITION BOXED VERSION of the game including a richly illustrated full-color MANUAL and the GAME-CD including the Windows-, Mac- and Linux-versions of the game plus all the contents from above (game, ringtone, wallpaper, printed hardcover artbook, MP3 and limited edition CD soundtrack, special ingame-item & poster).

Last edited:
Hey, don't spoil a reason for being grumpy for screeg.

Magic system sounds dull...

BUT combat looks great. The art style is too western for me.

Haven't made my mind up yet.

Android?
I'm skipping it.

P.S. I did look the KS page, it does look interesting and promising and worth supporting, but… Port to Android? Cmon. Sorry, I just can't get over it.

You know what's funny is that android and apple products are capable of running the games that we(as in those that like old school rpgs) quite easily. It doesn't take away from a good indie title, it just adds more revenue stream. Unless your game is running a high end 3d system a portable tablet can run most games quite easily.

It's to bad ignorance like the one I qouted is so common.

Sorry doesn't look interesting enough to me. I don't care if there porting it to android or iPod.

It's to bad ignorance like the one I qouted is so common.

I'm so sorry you stigmatize my disgust with something as ignorance.

I really don't care what are iOS and android capable off. I do care however what sacrifices must be made to make a game the same on both PC and Android/iOS. And I'm not talking about games from 1980s. But about recent games that we… Whatever you wanted to say.

Feel free to call me ignorant when iOS/Android become capable of running Drakensang TDE and TroT for example. Before that happens, please, keep that insult for someone else.

And just to clarify. Not just this one, but also every single iOS/Android involved KS project won't get a single cent from me. Ever. Those who want to make iOS/Android games can ask for support on corresponding appstores full of fraud2run&play stuff.

I'm so sorry you stigmatize my disgust with something as ignorance.

I really don't care what are iOS and android capable off. I do care however what sacrifices must be made to make a game the same on both PC and Android/iOS. And I'm not talking about games from 1980s. But about recent games that we… Whatever you wanted to say.

Feel free to call me ignorant when iOS/Android become capable of running Drakensang TDE and TroT for example. Before that happens, please, keep that insult for someone else.

And just to clarify. Not just this one, but also every single iOS/Android involved KS project won't get a single cent from me. Ever. Those who want to make iOS/Android games can ask for support on corresponding appstores full of fraud2run&play stuff.

ig·no·rant

/ˈignərənt/

Adjective

1.Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

I'm pretty sure this sums up your knowledge of the platform. The platform can run the unreal engine and I'm pretty sure if someone cared enough to transfer said programs over they might be possible, however with there general lack luster sales you and I will never know.

Look, I really ask you nicely to stop with that.

You started with RPGs on iOS/Android and now you're talking about FPS engine and someone else caring. You're calling ignorant a person who posted elsewhere leaked nvidia's Tegra 4 specs that look as if are from sci fi movie. And you most certainly don't know what am I talking about, but still, according to you, I'm ignorant.

I would understand your attitude if you were payed by Apple or Samsung, but since you're not, please don't continue with insulting. In fact I'm unsure why do you hate so much the fact that there is someone who despises smartphones - I can't believe the sin of mine is so huge for claiming that appsores are the biggest fraud that appeared after wow subscription was invented.
Thanks for understanding.

Rune I am not sure where you are coming from. As someone who is developing a game for both Windows and Android I can take you adds a significant amount of work to make it work properly on both platforms. That is Joxers point (I believe) - by developing for Android with a fixed resource pool the windows development must suffer.

Rune I am not sure where you are coming from. As someone who is developing a game for both Windows and Android I can take you adds a significant amount of work to make it work properly on both platforms. That is Joxers point (I believe) - by developing for Android with a fixed resource pool the windows development must suffer.

The fact is that both platforms are very different. Android (or iPhone) is suited for less 'involved' games, more for people playing on the go. It's hard to follow a grand story when you play it 15 minutes at a time. It's not really about the technical capabilities of the devices, but more about the type of games that mold better for each device.

Back
Top Bottom