Drakensang Moorbridge tree (Spoiler)

RivianWitch

Keeper of the Watch
*sigh*
Next stupid question by me. :p
Is the tree spawning the fireflies, or are those dragonplants spawning them, or are they coming from somewhere else?

I destroyed all the nests on the incoming path to the tree, but perhaps there are others? Sorry that I'm asking this q, but I've been struggling a bit with the tree for a while now - almost got the tree killed, but those darn fireflies got all my party members from behind, and my last party member got killed just before the tree did.

Next time around, I decided I'd eliminate the fireflies first, but they seem to be spawning faster than I can kill them.

Ah, thanks! So speed is of the essence there. I had noticed that the longer you delay, the more of those flies spawn, until there is a cloud of them.
This is why I was looking for their origin.

Your reply has saved me a lot of experimentation time - which obviously would have been for nought. Thanks so much.

You could also destroy all the firefly nests to stop them from spawning more in during the tree fight. I did that and killed off all the bugs & dragon plants without getting close enough to the tree for it to hit me. Rested up, and then killed the tree without having to deal with all the other enemies at the same time. Sure seems alot easier than dealing with all the plants and bugs attacking you while trying to kill that big ass tree.

You could also destroy all the firefly nests to stop them from spawning more in during the tree fight. I did that and killed off all the bugs & dragon plants without getting close enough to the tree for it to hit me. Rested up, and then killed the tree without having to deal with all the other enemies at the same time. Sure seems alot easier than dealing with all the plants and bugs attacking you while trying to kill that big ass tree.

Really? That's weird, because I had destroyed all the nests before I even spoke to the elf and yet I still had to fight a ton of fireflies. Plus they seemed to keep spawning. I finally managed to kill the tree and was pleased to see everything else die.

There are at least 4 or 5 dragonfly nests to deal with and some are past the tree and to the SE.

*sigh* Well, thanks, I'm going to try again with first killing all the nests and the dragon plants, because if I focus on the tree only, every one of my party members get killed. I've even defeated the Necromancer by now, but this #$%^%^&& tree is still laughing at me. (And very evil laughter it is, too).

Anyway, now that I've killed the necromancer, I've been able to add a few points here and there to spells/talents and attributes, so let's see if I can beat the dastardly tree with a slightly beefed up party and a different strategy.. :p

Well, as it turns out, there was another nest directly behind the tree..

Hello I am new here, however here is the way I dealt with the tree...

You can stay out of its range during the fight if you need to, that is the most important thing to remember. Also I killed all the little dragon plants before I killed the tree and I have to say that after I had done that the tree seemed to go down a lot easier. So the way I did it was all of my characters except me and my dwarf were knocked out, I play a Ranger who can heal so I stay in the back during most fights. So when I realized everyone was down but the dwarf I spam healed him and had him run into range and back out of range depending on if he needed to be healed or not. It took a while but eventually he killed the tree all by himself, and like I said I killed all the little dragon plants first...

Hope this helps! :)

I wonder what's the point of killing the Dragonplants? If you stay out of their reach, they don't attack you. Personally, I won this fight on my second attempt with Gladys hurting the tree with throwing axes and the lightning spell and my fighter(my warrior pc and the amazon) taking care of the fireflies. Had only three chars in my party.

My problem was that I wasn't using enough ranged attacks. The tree would knock my melee fighters down all the time. The Dragonplants would bite them them from behind whenever they stood up to smack the tree, and the tree would smack them from behind if they turned to the Dragonplants.

I beat it by killing all the nests, including the one behind the tree first, then doing ranged on first the dragon plants, and after that it is actually easy.

Back
Top Bottom