The TV Series discussion thread

Falling skies is a classic Spielberg family crap. Kids with IQ 500 with a "twist" that here got superpowers as a bonus to their "superiority".
Will someone explain to that man already that a 15 year old kid can't have thoughts like a 50 years of experience old man? Kids are irrational, illogical, revolutionary and against everything just because. Someone should forbid him making anything with children ASAP.
Okay, I went too extreme here, but you understand what I wanted to say.

That aside. The story contains overblown (melo)drama that doesn't fit at all into a postapocalyptic world, moreover it tries to show what kind of society survivors could evolve into and totally forgets that you can't avoid butchering, mutilation and other attrocities in any war (Schindler's List director should know better). I mean everything is destroyed, there is no food, and we don't have at least one case of cannibalism? Right… Oh and you can get fuel just about anywhere. Flying an airplane was never easier since you can fill it at any corner. Add to all that pathetic and cheaplooking CGI, I don't see anything original with sixlegged aliens and those bots need a completely new designer if you ask me.

I've watched all seasons (2 or 3?) and the show doesn't improve! Why did I continue to watch it? I've expected it'll grow better. But since it didn't happen, won't continue with the next season.
NOT recommended.
That's pretty much my thought with every series where there are teenagers. Maybe I live in an alternate dimension bubble where the majority of teenagers are not temperamental brats that go against everything and god forbid they show a smile, because smiling is not cool. When I see a teenager in a new series I know their personality already, before they even utter a word.

That's pretty much my thought with every series where there are teenagers. Maybe I live in an alternate dimension bubble where the majority of teenagers are not temperamental brats that go against everything and god forbid they show a smile, because smiling is not cool. When I see a teenager in a new series I know their personality already, before they even utter a word.

I second this and will add that most issues / problems teens in these show are facing can be solved easily with a slap...

Well, they are ALL like that ... just not most of the time. Most of the time they are sweet, naive, positive kids who see everything in front of them! :)

I finally decided to start watching Breaking Bad after hearing all the hype. I had never even watched a single second of it before and ended up watching all 7 episodes of Season 1 in a single sitting. I felt like such a lazy lush but enjoyed it quite a bit. I'll probably start Season 2 tonight but plan on taking it slower for sure.

Finished watching season 1 of Longmire
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1836037/

A friend suggested it and was very careful not to mention that one of roles is a guy I call La Bamba as I can't stand him. All he said that it's a mix of western, action and crime set in a modern time. So I gave it a shot not knowing much.

Just when I thought a crime genre cannot give much freshness, there it is, instadrop of something to prove me wrong. When it started I thought it'll be a rip off Jesse Stone movies, but it's not.

It's a story about a smalltown police and their utterly crazy chief alergic to phones. Dunno about his feelings toward phonegames though, I expect to find that out in the next season. ;)

While some stuff do feel like seen already but from totally different angle, or seen just not polished/presented that good, there are things I've never seen before. In fact I cannot believe they dared to shoot things like that. An example is ep. 9 with indians kicking ppl out of the tribe just because their blood ain't "pure" enough which leads to losing cash, which is connected to a murder, and where because of political repercusions the hot potato, a murder case, the lead character has to take and hopefully solve or his carreer is done with. Urm… Now when I wrote it, I did make it complicated… But the episode is just like that. Complicated. And the top notch crime show has to be like that!

I won't jump and say that the show is a masterpiece as I haven't seen season 2 yet, but it came very close to it.

If you're sick and tired of lazy written procedurals with endless seasons and episodes, if you want to see some new stuff in the crime genre, do not wait but rent this series.

Nice, thanks.

Hopefully I'll get some time to watch them this weekend.

Obviously, I don't know how the show progresses, and it's not exactly unheard of to have a strong beginning only to have it weaken over time.

But, to be quite honest - it could be the strongest start I've seen so far.

I just hope it stays nuanced and fresh, and doesn't devolve into taking things more and more to the extreme because they think that's what the audience wants. There's a clear danger of that here, I fear.

I've seen that happen far too many times, especially with US shows. Game of Thrones is an appropriate example, because that's also HBO.

Less is very often more.

I just finished watching those first two episodes of True Detective.

It's definitely intriguing, but I'm not sure how impressed I am. I'll probably need some time to let it sink in before I decide how much I actually like it.

One thing I'm sure about though.. McConaughey is as strong as I've ever seen him. Definitely the highlight as far as the acting is concerned.

Anyone else watching 'Intelligence'? It has promise.

Actually, it is an American show; NBC I think.

Actually, it is an American show; NBC I think.

Sorry - was joking around.

I have heard about it but we haven't watched it ... so it is pretty good so far?

Yes, if you enjoy spy/action type shows.

Anyone else watching 'Intelligence'? It has promise.
No and I refuse to watch it because you don't watch Nowhere Boys and now I'm unsure shall I watch possibly the best australian series ever when it starts airing here next week!

Intelligence … obviously not on American TV … :D
Some say it's Chuck reboot, so it's american TV. ;)

No and I refuse to watch it because you don't watch Nowhere Boys and now I'm unsure shall I watch possibly the best australian series ever when it starts airing here next week!

I always thought Skippy the Bush Kangaroo held that distinction!! :)

Some say it's Chuck reboot, so it's american TV. ;)

It does have some similarities, but is not designed to be a comedy as Chuck was. I loved Chuck!!

Someone recommended True Blood to me, but it's too much drama for my taste. Abandoned it after S1E7 or so.
Watching Space Janitors in Youtube now, very funny.

Watching Space Janitors in Youtube now, very funny.
The title reminds me of Red Dwarf, which was the funniest (sci-fi) show ever!

*reads around*

Seems to be Red Dwarf in a Star Wars setting. As I'm all out of the former, might just as well have a look into the webseries.

Back
Top Bottom