Depths of Peril - Review and Updates

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A new review for Soldak's Depths of Peril is on offer at RPGFan. There's no score but the text is very positive, some criticism of the lack of story aside:
Depths of Peril is a game for true gamers. This is rare among anything with the letters "RPG" printed near it. Most RPGs these days excel in presentation: the story, the graphics, and the sound are superb. Soldak didn't have the budget or the manpower to boost these aspects of the game, and even if they did, I don't know if they would have bothered. Depths of Peril doesn't care to be a book, or a movie, or a soundtrack. It is simply a game, and it is a great game, so long as all you want is a solid, interactive experience with none of the frills of high-budget PC titles. For thirty dollars retail (direct from Soldak's website), it's not a bad deal; plus, you can pat yourself on the back for supporting an independent developer!
Checking the DoP forums for the latest, it looks like a retail release might be coming and they apparently have two projects in the pipeline:
Unfortunately, there isn't too much I can say quite yet about future plans. We do have 2 projects in the works right now so we do have some upcoming things to announce, but it will still be a little while until that happens.
More information.

One of those two projects is most certainly an expansion for Depths of Peril. You can't avoid that word when browsing the forums.

I really hope that at some point in time Steven will receive the commercial success with Depths of Peril he deserves.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom