DARK - Vampire RPG Revealed

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Eric Bane?

I bet two characters in the game he'll have to kill or something will be:
Edward Nortoh
Mark Ruffalu

Hint: Green Marvel character

kaylspo is a dependable publisher. here's hoping this to is at least as good as most of their better than average games. would really be nice if it was a great game but its on my radar nonetheless. i wonder if its being developed by the same people that did the first templar, which i enjoyed but never got to finishing.

I'm interested but can't say I like cel-shaded graphics that much.

They certainly won't score any points for being original. :)

Some of the environments look like they were ripped straight out of Deus Ex: HR

600x338.jpg

600x338.jpg

They certainly won't score any points for being original. :)

Some of the environments look like they were ripped straight out of Deus Ex:HR

I thought so myself. Copying someones work is a form of of flattery though.:)

Truely hate cellshaded so a no go for me !
even if it was wasteland2.

Of course its name is "DARK". What other name could there be ? ;)
"Dark" sounds like a full frontal assault of all possible cliché-laden possibilities for such a game setting. ;)

Are those supposed to be screenshots since that doesn't look cell shaded. At least the basis of the game has only been used a couple of times. How many modern day vampire rpgs are there. (I can only think of 3 and 2 are in the same series)

I thought Dues EX 3 too, Im curious but not excited yet,will keep my eyes peeled.

If he is a vampire then you may need to keep your face concealed so a hoodie would be a natural choice for that.

They certainly won't score any points for being original.
But dude, they make up for it with that awesome name!

If he is a vampire then you may need to keep your face concealed so a hoodie would be a natural choice for that.

I was thinking that their artist(s) just weren't good at drawing eyes :D

On one picture it showed the character going for a stealth kill but I don't know how though.

PS. There was one pic where he had the hood down so his face won't be covered all the time.

New information : I talked to the CReative Director of Realmforge (apparingly the direct developers) about this game (I forgot his name, sorry, my name memory is notoriously bad).

He explained to me that this game is rather meant to be an "sneaking game", rather action-focused, with role-playing game elements (you get experience points with which you can "buy" new "abilities", but all in all it was never meant to be an full-fledged RPG, but rather as an "sneaking action game" with RPG elemnts in it. He also said that it kind of reminds of "the newest Deus Ex", in terms of gameplay - for example, there are dialogs, but not any social interaction carried out like in an "real" role-playing game. It does contain social interaction in form of dialogs, but there are no skill checks involved in this, that's how I understood him.

He also outed himself as an huge Ultima games fan, and that if he could be able to do an "real" RPG, it would be … well, my personal impression was that he meant that it would be rather "old school" - oriented.

Ah, yes, another part of the gameplay : He mentioned that the protagonist has "become" a Vampire, and that he meets other Vampires, "in a club". He would fight some, but he can only use close combat weapons for that. And of course, he can use his abilities he can buy for the experience points gained.

We talked a bit about RPGs in general, and my impression was that he is actually a very sensible man.

Sounds interesting. Thanks for the followup details, Alrik.

Back
Top Bottom