Vampire: Bloodlines Questions and Impressions

Got it, thanks!

Another quick question. Might be spoiler-ish.

Gargoyles. I have heard that only blunt force is effective against them. Would that fire axe be useful against it? I'm not sure because the fire axe might be considered more of a blade than a blunt weapon. I have other blunt weapons I can use but I'm just curious because the fire axe is the best one damage-wise.

No spoilers here as you still need to find it: you need a hammer!

No spoilers here as you still need to find it: you need a hammer!

Thanks! And I know where to pick one up :)

Further Impressions

So, after logging more than 20 hours with the game, I can safely say this is one of the best games, if not THE best game I've ever played.

I know that's a lofty statement, but I truly feel this game is a masterpiece thus far.

This game has everything. Very interesting story with great lore and a mature theme, wonderfully detailed and mega-immersive setting, deep RPG character sheet with skill checks and many builds, incredibly well-written dialog, fascinating characters, very interesting locations with amazing level design, various factions to join and choices with consequences with so many twists and turns you aren't sure what to expect next.

This game is truly a work of art. It's a shame that Troika and whoever else involved with this game didn't make billions and continue their work with new games.

Desperately needs a Kickstarter campaign for a new game. Has anyone from Troika pitched anything on KS yet?

Quick question:

I just discovered Pisha in the abandoned building downtown. She wants me to bring her an item from the museum of natural history. However, I already did the quest that sent me to the museum awhile back and have no way of going there again. Is this quest unable to be finished?

Last edited:
The PLUS version sounded interesting, with the new quests and stuff, but I wanted to play the game as close to the original as possible for the first play-through. I, too, will use the PLUS features in a future play-through, though.
Try a Malkavian then. They see so much more, it'll be a whole new experience.

So, after logging more than 20 hours with the game, I can safely say this is one of the best games, if not THE best game I've ever played.
Welcome to the club. :)

Quick question:
(..)
I guess you're out of luck there ... but I'm not sure.

Desperately needs a Kickstarter campaign for a new game. Has anyone from Troika pitched anything on KS yet?

Quick question:

I just discovered Pisha in the abandoned building downtown. She wants me to bring her an item from the museum of natural history. However, I already did the quest that sent me to the museum awhile back and have no way of going there again. Is this quest unable to be finished?

I think the licensing would be an issue, and since they just blew a ton of money on a game that went nowhere, I can't see White Wolf wanting to jump into another game any time soon. I think a spiritual sequel would be a better idea, then they wouldn't have to worry about extracting something good from the emogoth wangst that is the World of Darkness a second time. :p

As for Pisha, you're out of luck. Anything on the travel map that's not a new hub is a one-time visit, I'm afraid.

Welcome to the club. :)

:)

I just encountered a spot where I wish I had installed the PLUS features.

I talked to Mercurio and he told me he had a SWAT rifle for me. Awesome, right!? It would be, except when I go to trade with him there is no gun. Turns out this gun was added back with the PLUS features and not in the game currently without them.

I think the licensing would be an issue, and since they just blew a ton of money on a game that went nowhere, I can't see White Wolf wanting to jump into another game any time soon. I think a spiritual sequel would be a better idea, then they wouldn't have to worry about extracting something good from the emogoth wangst that is the World of Darkness a second time. :p

As for Pisha, you're out of luck. Anything on the travel map that's not a new hub is a one-time visit, I'm afraid.

Yeah, I figured I was out of luck. Dang. I even lost humanity to get her to talk to me. Oh well.

White Wolf no longer exist. They sold out and are a trademark.

Here's a KS that is set in the World Of Darkness and based on similar themes:

Urban shadows:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1287928832/urban-shadows-rpg?ref=discovery

Cool, I'll keep my eye on that. Thanks for the link.

Question:

Is there a way to turn on God mode, but then deactivate it so it doesn't last forever?

What I mean is, I'm at the part in Griffith Park where the werewolf attacks and he's seriously kicking my butt. I can barely survive for one minute no matter where I go, the werewolf always follows and kills me. How can I survive this part? Is there some trick that I'm missing? I ran in the observatory and ran as far away as I could yet he still found me. I tried hiding in the tram paddock and he knocks the door down and corners me. What can I do here?

This part is rough. It's also extremely unnerving.

Question:

Is there a way to turn on God mode, but then deactivate it so it doesn't last forever?

What I mean is, I'm at the part in Griffith Park where the werewolf attacks and he's seriously kicking my butt. I can barely survive for one minute no matter where I go, the werewolf always follows and kills me. How can I survive this part? Is there some trick that I'm missing? I ran in the observatory and ran as far away as I could yet he still found me. I tried hiding in the tram paddock and he knocks the door down and corners me. What can I do here?

This part is rough. It's also extremely unnerving.

Well…
You've got to keep on the move, and hide out in the observatory for as long as you can, always keeping an escape route open. It's pretty much a mad scramble from safe spot to safe spot until the timer runs down. I think there are one or two spots where he can't get to you, but honestly I don't remember them. There is a more direct way to deal with the beastie, which I always use. Take a look around the observatory control room if you want a hint.

You can bring up the console command with ¬/~ (depending on keyboard), then type "god" to toggle god-mode on and off.

Thanks for the tips.

I beat it without cheating. That part was nuts! I'm glad I didn't have to cheat but I was really worrying there for a minute because I could barely survive 30 seconds of that. I'm glad it's over :).

Yeah, it's pretty brutal the first few times you do it, which definitely fits the mood, but it's always good to see the back of that encounter.

You'll be all finished and ready for a fresh runthrough soon at this rate. :D

Yeah, it's pretty brutal the first few times you do it, which definitely fits the mood, but it's always good to see the back of that encounter.

You'll be all finished and ready for a fresh runthrough soon at this rate. :D

This game just keeps getting crazier and crazier.

That situation definitely fit the mood, and was a change of pace from the usual encounters. Brutal, but once I got the hang of it, easier to deal with. Certainly made my nerves bad, though :).

Nearly Final Thoughts

After nearly finishing the game, this game has been solidified as the best game I've ever played. It's a masterpiece, flat out. This is what first-person semi-open-world RPGs should be.

There needs to be more games made like this. What are White Wolf and Troika up to today? Is there any way a Kickstarter could be launched that brings together the old teams that made this masterpiece? I'm willing to start a petition or something. Seriously, a new game that builds on this needs to be made. There's no way a game this good should not have a proper sequel.

Any idea of where I could start to get this idea out there? I know it's a long shot, but maybe if we got enough people to sign a petition to create a sequel, someone from these old companies would take notice and think about a Kickstarter campaign. Any ideas?

There needs to be more games made like this. What are White Wolf and Troika up to today? Is there any way a Kickstarter could be launched that brings together the old teams that made this masterpiece? I'm willing to start a petition or something. Seriously, a new game that builds on this needs to be made. There's no way a game this good should not have a proper sequel.

Any idea of where I could start to get this idea out there? I know it's a long shot, but maybe if we got enough people to sign a petition to create a sequel, someone from these old companies would take notice and think about a Kickstarter campaign. Any ideas?

Brian Mitsoda (Bloodlines game designer) is doing his Dead State kickstarter; Jason Anderson (Bloonlines director) is working on Wasteland 2 story (another kickstarter).

So the main Bloodline people are working on their Kickstarter projects, and one would expect that the Bloodline spirit and experience will be transferred to these kickstarter projects.

The issue is with the White Wolf License and who owns it - I hope to god its not Activition!

Brian Mitsoda (Bloodlines game designer) is doing his Dead State kickstarter; Jason Anderson (Bloonlines director) is working on Wasteland 2 story (another kickstarter).

So the main Bloodline people are working on their Kickstarter projects, and one would expect that the Bloodline spirit and experience will be transferred to these kickstarter projects.

The issue is with the White Wolf License and who owns it - I hope to god its not Activition!

Well, I'm certainly glad to hear that both Brian Mitsoda and Jason Anderson are still putting in work and doing games. I'm sure both of those games will be great, but I've only heard of Wasteland 2. Is Dead State an RPG as well?

The Bloodlines spirit (or "bloodline") is great and all, but I think a proper sequel to Bloodlines, at least in the sense of being a first-person RPG with deep character sheet, choices and consequences, different factions to join, etc., should be made as well. That's the petition I would like to create. Another first-person open-world RPG like this would be amazing.

There was a rumor going around that they were going to make an Arcanum sequel in the style of Bloodlines, which would have been friggin' awesome.

There was a rumor going around that they were going to make an Arcanum sequel in the style of Bloodlines, which would have been friggin' awesome.

Mind = blown. That would be unbelievable.

I also just watched the Dead State Kickstarter video. Mind = double blown! Wow! Super excited for that game now. Ah man, all these awesome games, it's such a great time to be a gamer.

CCP Games bought White Wolf back in 2006.

It's the same company who keeps milking Eve Online, and who cancelled the World of Darkness MMO. They announced on the forums they might sell the Ip.

This is taken from the forums last month.
Q: So are doing to do a Microsoft and hold onto the ip indefinitely,or will buying it be an option. Exploring options counts as an answer. A LOT of people where looking forward to this iv got a Facebook group I'm part of already calling for blood (i don't think their joking either)

If this is not handled correct their could be significant backlash from the wider community. This is a sad day for gaming

A: This will be looked at over the next few months. The WoD IP is very valuable and nothings been decided at the moment.
So this is good news in the end as we might get another SP RPG game in the series now. Then again we might get more F2P games. Depends on who buys it.:disappointed:

Last edited:
Hmm, I hope we get a good game out of it but I'm not holding my breath.

CCP Games bought White Wolf back in 2006.

It's the same company who keeps milking Eve Online, and who cancelled the World of Darkness MMO. They announced on the forums they might sell the Ip.

Its a real shame about the WoD mmo; someone should use the wealth of assets that were developed over the 5 year development period and turn it into a SP rpg. Doubt this will happen!

Its a real shame about the WoD mmo; someone should use the wealth of assets that were developed over the 5 year development period and turn it into a SP rpg. Doubt this will happen!

That would also be amazing.

I guess in the meantime we have to support developers like DoubleBear and tell everyone about Dead State. They are definitely a developer that I am keeping my eye on from now on simply because of the Vampire: The Masquerade connection. I never thought I'd be interested in a zombie game, but Dead State sounds phenomenal.

I guess in the meantime we have to support developers like DoubleBear and tell everyone about Dead State. They are definitely a developer that I am keeping my eye on from now on simply because of the Vampire: The Masquerade connection. I never thought I'd be interested in a zombie game, but Dead State sounds phenomenal.

I also look forward to the finished the game. You can buy the game right now on Steam if you want to play a demo version of the early release. I hope they finish the game this year though as DoubleBear is behind schedule.:fingerscrossed:

Back
Top Bottom