Favorite Game Cutscenes/FMVs

Jaz

Play nice.©
Another off-topic classic... tell us about your favorite game cutscenes/intros/outros/credits/FMVs, and please enlighten us exactly why you like them so much.

I'll start by mentioning some of my favorites (in no particular order):

1) Diablo II: this game had some very atmospheric FMVs - the ones with Tal Rasha and Tyrael come to mind.
2) Realms of the Haunting: this game actually had totally unknown, yet decent actors for its FMVs - and coming on several CDs, it had many good cutscenes.
3) The Thief series: personally, I like unanimated, comic book style cutscenes.
4) Strife: the comic book style cutscenes were brilliant for a game of its era.
5) LoL 3: this game featured my favorite credits... because the game continued after the credits (provided you sat through them), giving you the chance to finally come to terms with somebody you learned to hate in LoL 1.

1) Wing Commander III and IV - The cutscenes really made these games feel like being part of a movie.
2) Diablo II - agree with Jaz. At the time they were the best rendered videos I've seen in a game and still look great today.
3) Ultima VII - best intro/ending IMO...how many of us wanted to beat the crap out of the Guardian after that intro? :)

1) Warcraft III RoC & FT - gotta love 'em ... I practically played just to see more of them
2) Gothic 1 & 2 - hey, I love eveything in Gothic, including those movies ;)
3) Neverwinter Nights - the narrator voice made it all
4) Syberia - still waiting to get Syberia 2, the first was a fantastic game
5) World of Warcraft - awesome music, the dwarf prevails in nobil coolness :D

Last edited:
I *love* the FMV from the original Jedi Knight game - sure the acting was cheesy, but it was really cool stuff!

Dawn of War's intro was intense. I caught myself trying to download the opening FMV once. If someone made a full movie out of that I'd go see it in a heart beat. We can't forget Phantasmagoria (SP?), I think the ESRB would have to develop an entirely new rating for that game. The scene with the fat chick strapped into that torture devise was revolting; even now as I write this I can feel my stomach turning. Oh, and what about Bioforge. It’s hard to forget Mastaba's maniacal grin, that bastard!

Any cutscene with Tyrael in Diablo 2 - he gives "Angel" a new meaning to me, from the holy looking glowing fellows to this great, powerful creature with a darker look.

In general, Blizzard has most of the best cutscenes. World of Warcraft intro, Warcraft 3 movies, especially the one with Grom Hellscream and Thrall killing Mannoroth - simply amazing!

The final sequence of Fallout!!

Best cutscenes/FMVs:

1) Silent Hill 2 ending cutscene, the one with long dialog on the suffering of protagonist's wife and their tragic end.

2) Diablo 2 ending, the scene with the Eart Stone (? - my memory getting fuzzy) destroyed.

3 WarCraft 3 - the scenes Prince Arthas kills his father; Thrall and Grom fighting a demon lord.

The beginning of Gothic 3 when you are trown into the colony and you get punched in the face. just hilarious and when I started the game the first time i couldn't wait for my revenge

Opening scene of Gothic as described above (''welcome, to the colony'' *punch!* ... ''that's enough guys, leave him alone, and now Scram!'') You gotta love the old Diego from that very moment!

Also the Warcraft3 and wow movies, as well as the warhammer(40k) movies... just awesome.

Fond memories of the red alert FMV's too.

The beginning of Gothic 3 when you are trown into the colony and you get punched in the face. just hilarious and when I started the game the first time i couldn't wait for my revenge

Titus, you really scared me there when you said Gothic 3. I was reading then suddenly "OH CRAP SCROLL DOWN DAMMIT SCROLL DOWN!!!11" x_x

And heloooooo Tolgerias! :D

Oops my mistaken, haven't seen that one yet :p

Oh yes, Bullco! Damn I hated that guy after the intro, Diego was a hero though, joined the old camp because of him in my first game.

Oh yes, Bullco! Damn I hated that guy after the intro, Diego was a hero though, joined the old camp because of him in my first game.

It was Bullit. Man did I enjoy kickboxing him later and making fun of him :D

And yeah, joined them for practically the same reason ;)

Back
Top Bottom