Political and politically incorrect humor

Interestingly, the graphs were 100% correct for my area. I was also surprised how often the Ohio River was a dividing line.

To Canada, we stole your soil! Ha Ha, in the ice age your soil came down to the middle of the US, one of the most fertile areas in the world. Either there is a God that likes us better or we got really lucky. Either way the American MidWest wins. :)

Since this is supposed to be a humor thread, Biff, I'll refrain from counterpoint.

Err.. a counterpoint to what exactly?
Feel free tho i am guessing a humor thread would be the right place to post it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/north-korea-s-kim-jong-un-gets-100-of-yes-votes-in-election-1.2566288

With no one else on the ballot, state media reported Monday that supreme leader Kim Jong-un was not only elected to the highest legislative body in North Korea, he won with the unanimous approval of his district, which had 100 per cent turnout.

How should we interpret these unforeseeable voting results? :)

Let me quote the Korean Central News Agency:

"This is an expression of all the service personnel and people's absolute support and profound trust in supreme leader Kim Jong Un as they single-mindedly remain loyal to him, holding him in high esteem as the monolithic center of unity and leadership and a striking demonstration of their revolutionary spirit and indomitable will to make a fresh shining history of Kim Il Sung's and Kim Jong Il's Korea under the leadership of Kim Jong Un."

Reminds me of Camp 14 , but that's a different and totally humourless story …

From the link from Biff :

1. Fox Business commentator’s advice on the poor: “Stop being poor.”

This reminds me of Marie Antoinette's famous quote : "If people have no bread, they should eat cake instead."

This reminds me of Marie Antoinette's famous quote : "If people have no bread, they should eat cake instead."

While i do not think there is any evidence that she actually was the one who said that it is certainly the same "living in a bubble" mindset at work.
My favorite of the bunch was the guy complaining about how there were no positive slavery stories.

Fox News madness : Birmingham is a no go city for non-Muslims and London has police enforcing Sharia law. Emerson has given evidence to at least one congressional committee, and reportedly been called as an expert witness on terrorism-related issues by at least six others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_zF7nbEvwY

I dare you to watch it through. Its just mind boggling to listen that drivel :)

And a follow up story where UK's PM calls that guy "a complete idiot" :) http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/david-cameron-fox-steven-emerson-idiot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_zF7nbEvwY

I dare you to watch it through. Its just mind boggling to listen that drivel :)

And a follow up story where UK's PM calls that guy "a complete idiot" :) http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/david-cameron-fox-steven-emerson-idiot

:rotfl:

Here is a video of the Birmingham Christmas Parade. As you can see, it's virtually an ISIS-controlled territory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9es4mGzPQ1k

I must warn sensitive viewers - there is one scene in which a small child is heard to say, "I liked the part with Santa's reindeer. They felt soft." These people are clearly sick. :biggrin:

prc150214.gif

4b43546d-bcd0-4c1e-88ea-30c92b208091-medium.png

82abfd4b-b642-4e2f-aa55-43cdb2451a85-medium.jpeg

I think the alteration of history to remove offensive objects is not just offensive - it is unconscionable.

I have been opposed to the glorification of that racist celebration of slavery and treason for decades, so I am glad to see it getting pulled as an official state-funded and sanctioned symbol.

That said - this is a commercial decision by a private company. In other words - it is the very essence of a 'free market' idea. ;)

I was glad Apple put back all of the games they pulled, and only removed nonsense apps based on specific new rules. I think that I should definitely be able to play a Confederate general in a civil war game, see art and movies and TV shows that were made back then, and so on.

Sometimes history and art are offensive.

I agree, which is why this really pisses me off.

Why? His car, his choice ... because the confederate flag is clear in meaning especially over the last 50-60 years, and if he doesn't want to display that symbol - his choice.

If they wanted it preserved then it should have been put in a museum. Instead it became just another personally owned car.

Just like there is no law if a person wants to display the flag on their personal property, there is no law stopping someone from removing it. It is called 'freedom'.

Interesting… that's a complete 180 from your previous post, but ok. :)

I guess the fact that the car is now privately owned makes it ok. I agree that it's his right to do as he wants with it, but I still think it's ignorant.

Interesting… that's a complete 180 from your previous post, but ok. :)

I guess the fact that the car is now privately owned makes it ok. I agree that it's his right to do as he wants with it, but I still think it's ignorant.

It is actually consistent, and your edit shows why ...

Personally while I was never a big fan of the show, the General Lee is an iconic piece of TV history that should have been preserved along with Kit and the Batmobile and 'Flux Capacitor' in a cultural history museum instead of being sold off.

I think it is just good to remind outselves across the board of rights and responsibilities - having something 'state sponsored' is one thing, but seeking to force a ban on citizens is another thing ... same for forcing preservation of something.

Back
Top Bottom