PoE: The White March - Josh Sawyer presents GC 2015 Gameplay Demo @ IGN

Bits in the video show that engagment as a mattering point is a long gone feature.
Enemy AI waiting for the player AIs to move to them.

Alt-click all the way, the top of skills.

Just a minor point from a long time lurker but avid enjoyer of this site : when I see 'PoE' the first thing I think of is 'Path of Exile'. Not sure if others are also experiencing this.

Everytime I read PoE, I understand Path of Exile. Confusing!

The title becomes too long, so we have to shorten it. We could think of another abbreviation like PofE.

I'd say it's fine. Most RPG gamers will think of PoE = Pillars of Eternity and not that other hack'n'slay clickfest crap game that isn't even a RPG :biggrin: .

I'd say it's fine. Most RPG gamers will think of PoE = Pillars of Eternity and not that other hack'n'slay clickfest crap game that isn't even a RPG :biggrin: .

The comments so far would suggest otherwise. I also immediately thought of PoE (Path of Exile).

It's also not as if Path of Exile hasn't been covered on this site, along with other titles which are not RPGs.

Like it or not, when someone says PoE, most think Path of Exile, "RPG gamer" or not.

Like it or not, when someone says PoE, most think Path of Exile, "RPG gamer" or not.

Seeing Josh Sawyer along with PoE doesn't make me think of Path of Exile one bit personally...

PoE means Pillars of Eternity to me. That said, It definitely can get confusing. I know I've clicked on a few Path of Exile links thinking they were about Pillars.

Well, we could call it the Pillars of Josh Sawyer. :p
Why do people not like this guy anyway? Last time I checked, they were pretty damn riled up about him at Codex for something. It happens there, from time to time.

Well, we could call it the Pillars of Josh Sawyer. :p
Why do people not like this guy anyway? Last time I checked, they were pretty damn riled up about him at Codex for something. It happens there, from time to time.

Because he called everyone that didn't like his opinion grognards :D
And he is pretty outspoken about his opinion and his disrespect for everybody else's.
Also he likes to bash other game designs while promoting his own "perfect" design.

And then he failed gloriously with PoE design so now people like him even less because he was just full of it all the time and had nothing to show for it.

Basically he told everyone that he can run 100 meters under 9 seconds and called everybody else running style crap. Then he got to pick his suit, field, shoes, time of day and year, got best food, drink and rest before it and then ran 12s.

The title becomes too long, so we have to shorten it. We could think of another abbreviation like PofE.

PE would also work for me, it even has continuity with the earlier Project Eternity title.

But nah, it's okay. And probably well enough established by now. I was just shocked to hear about an expansion when actually PoExile - Awakening was just out.

PoE means Pillars of Eternity to me. That said, It definitely can get confusing. I know I've clicked on a few Path of Exile links thinking they were about Pillars.

But but but ...Path of Exile is the older one. :>

Enough with the whole PoE thing. If you navigated to a Pillars of Eternity article here on the Watch then you know what it's referring to.

You're exaggerating archangel, I've read a couple of his interviews and I don't remember him coming off that "strong". Do you know of any links where I could see this grognard discrimination first hand…no offense to any of you grognards here present, of course.:p
(Had to google a word).

Go to Codex into Obsidian subforum, people there will gladly give you all the details

I've never even heard of Path of Exile.

And I think PoE succeeded just fine. (Criteria - it exceeded my expectations, and general critical / fan reception (reception section on PoE wikipedia page does a nice summary)

My two cents, worth as much as everyone else's.

Ironically, Path of Exile is the first thing that comes up if you Google "PoE". Pillars of Eternity doesn't show up at all if you use that acronym.

Back
Top Bottom