Antharion - Update #6 - Music

Dhruin

SasqWatch
There's another Antharion update ($11.8k, 26 days), this time with some sample work-in-progress music samples:
Here are a few tracks that our composer Eric Gallardo has been working on. Please keep in mind these are more like sketches than finished pieces. The first is a dungeon atmosphere, the second an outdoor atmospheric track intended for use in snowy regions and the third is a general usage outdoor atmospheric track. Hope you enjoy and please let us know what you think!
More information.

The first one is ok, although I have a hard time imagining it meshing well with the visual style of the game.

I like the second track more, and it reminds me of TES.

The third track sounds like something you would hear in a Piranha Bytes game.

Overall, I'm impressed.

Yes, quite impressive. If you look at the total budget, I doubt someone like Jeremy Soule would even lift a finger for all of it, yet these tracks are evocative and create a fitting ambience.

Music is at the absolute bottom of my list as far as importance in a game. I will probably just turn it down until its barely audible so these will do just fine.

I like the second track more, and it reminds me of TES.

The third track sounds like something you would hear in a Piranha Bytes game.
LOL, are we sure they're not really copied from TES and Gothic/Risen respectively?

They sound great really, but I think it would make a very unconentional mix.

LOL, are we sure they're not really copied from TES and Gothic/Risen respectively?

They sound great really, but I think it would make a very unconentional mix.

It does seem like it could potentially make an unconventional mix, but in practice the two blend together beautifully. Keep in mind that the music is intended as pure ambiance, and it'll usually be playing at a relatively low volume compared with sound. We'll be releasing several game play videos with full music including transitions pretty soon to demonstrate exactly this.

Back
Top Bottom