What games are you playing now?

Well, I got Gothic 3 for the PC today ... that will dominate my life for a while, and make me set aside NWN2. Also grabbed Final Fantasy III DS - so much for my progress on MechAssault ...

On the PSP I'm into Killzone - I played the demo, so I knew the nice shootfest to expect :)

I still have no interesting new game to play, so I'm re-playing Hexen for the umpteenth time. While I can play through the Deathkings addon by heart (meaning that I remember where all the switches are), the basic game still has far too many levers, buttons and switches for me to memorize.
Game No. 2 I'm currently playing is Myst III (not a replay), and then I discovered Zuma (another addicting Flash game from PopCap).

Play Myst IV Jaz. It's way more beautiful and interesting than Myst III. I hated those type of games until I played #4. If I did it in order I never would have had the patience. 'Course, this is assuming you haven't played #4 yet. :)
And what's wrong with playing Gothic 3? Just can't stand dealing with the bugs or what?

Just picked up NWN2, so if I don't post as much for a few days, you'll know why!! :)

I am giving Final Fantasy V Advance a shot, and I am very much liking it. Also, I just finished Fire Emblem Sacred Stones and am struggling with trying to max out all my characters and unlocking the extra characters. And Arcanum, though I can't really get into the game this time.

Play Myst IV Jaz. It's way more beautiful and interesting than Myst III. I hated those type of games until I played #4. If I did it in order I never would have had the patience. 'Course, this is assuming you haven't played #4 yet. :)
And what's wrong with playing Gothic 3? Just can't stand dealing with the bugs or what?
I like these types of adventures; Uru and Myst IV are still waiting to be installed because I wanted to play the games in order. Dark Messiah has kept me from playing Myst III for a couple of days :).
As for G3 - the only customer who ordered it so far due to the reviews told horrible stories, so I'm planning to wait for a clean patch first. What I did was d/ling the demo which I played for about 10 minutes. My rig isn't the newest, and I don't want to plunder our storehouse just for this game, so I'll waive it now to wait for some decent returned hardware to come by my comp. Either that, or a console version.

Vhoa, thanks for the tip! I never replayed the game due to my difficult first time around (my own fault because of bad timing, but still), so this might be a chance...

I know of two wrappers, one optimized for Blizzard's Action-RPG, and one rather for general use ... but I don't remember the links anymore.
I could try to look whether I can find the files still, but I'm not sure whether I'll actually find them.

Because of that, I'm still looking for an old Voodoo card, if possible of the last breed.

I plan to plug it into my PC as a second video card (if I can find one, that is).

World of Warcraft.

When the on line games first came out my reaction was "no way, I know myself. I will *not* temp fate and try this out. I has the risk of consuming my life"

Wellllll, this September my son thought I need cheering up so when he came to visit he brought his copy of WoW with him, installed it on my machine and begged me to play ... so to make him happy I did so. Can you say "oops"? Looks like I should've listened to my first instincts!

Totally sucked in. I have actually made rules like:
"no more than 2 hrs on a school night" and
"Not on nice days when the sun is out" and
"No matter what is going on in the game - go to the RL party instead" and
"If no dinner eaten, and it is 9 pm, stop playing long enough for a proper dinner".

PS - Yes I bought and installed my own copy after two days of using his.
PPS - Am looking forward to G3 and NWN2 to try and break me out of this addiction!

Still heavily into the sport-sim genre, Im playing Bowl Bound College Football (online league and solo), PureSim Baseball, and Out of the Park Baseball (OOTP) (trying to figure out which baseball game to use for my next historical simulation).

Others Im currently playing (I hardly ever finish games, but install, play, uninstall, play another, go back play some old stuff....) is Space Rangers 2 and Gothic II (although Im still near the beginning and I find it alot more boring than the first, which I actually finished and LOVED). Also have Oblivion loaded up (totally vanilla though. It really hasnt held my interest enough for me to go out and get mods), and am searching all over the darn place for my copy of Dungeon Seige, so I can try out this Ultima V remake.

Patiently waiting for Gothic III and NWN2, one of which I suspect to get on my birthday (Monday), or definitly will be getting for Christmas.

Just played the demo of G3. Loved every part of it.
Replaying divine divinity, but as a kickass mage this time, like it more than as a warrior.
will be replaying some games untill I get G3 as a present or buy it myself

Just played the demo of G3. Loved every part of it.
Replaying divine divinity, but as a kickass mage this time, like it more than as a warrior.
I love playing mage in DD ... I remember saying that I thought the skill system limited replayability, as you needed skils from everywhere jst to make it through ... and Dhruin basically said "huh?" After replaying I now see that much better - sure it isn't 100% mage, but neither can you max out more than one speciality.

Last edited:
Medieval II Total War. I wanted to get away from the Med sea and play the Russians for the Grand Campaign, but the blood's call is too strong so I took Sicily. It really was an offer I couldnt refuse.

yeah im looking forward to medieval 2. whenever i finish my second play through of gothic 3 i'll pick up it. i haven't bought it yet as i don't want any other disc making its way into my disc drive before i'm done. thankfully gogamer hasn't put it on sale. though i wouldn't mind it if they did later this week. those total war games are my achilles heel. i love them but the weeks i spend playing them never really fully satisfy since there is no real 'end'. i really hope they make shogun 2 though in the next couple of years. either way december will mostly be wasted on that i guess. and hopefully i can have a fully patched gothic 3 as a way to kick of the new year.

I'm playing Master of Orion II. When am I going to get tired of it for good? Maybe never.

I'm playing Master of Orion II. When am I going to get tired of it for good? Maybe never.

Master of Orion I is one of my favourite games of all time, but I never had the chance to play # 2, which I hear is greatly superior. GalCiv II is all right but it hasnt grabbed me like MOO.

Master of Orion I is one of my favourite games of all time, but I never had the chance to play # 2, which I hear is greatly superior. GalCiv II is all right but it hasnt grabbed me like MOO.

I found MOO2 of limited replay value ... uh ... make that somewhat limited replay, as I prolly played 2 dozen games to completion (maybe a few more). However, I found that the 'creative' attribute was a game crusher. If I didn't take it and an other race did I felt cheated, if I did take it the game was ... not too easy ... but it ruined the flavor of having to make critical choices [Cormac - at each level of a technology you had a choice of which 'thingy' to discover, and could *not* go back and get the others except through trade or conquest. The creative attribute gave you all the options at no additional cost. Creative also took up something like 8 of the 10 points you had to spend when you created your race so it came at a cost, but *well* worth it!!).

MOO2 I gave away when I moved overseas ... but MOO1 was one of the 20 (or so) games I took with me. It is still on my work lap top, and my home PC. I have played literally hundreds of games of MOO. Admittedly I go through phases with it, but it is just such a good *fun* game (to me) that it been on my machines for what, 13 years? Not many games have 1/10th that longevity!

Hey, those of you that have MTW II, what's your take on it? I want that game after I finish G3. Played the demo and loved it.

Currently in the middle of replaying Baldur's Gate II + Throne of Bhaal with a completely selfmade party on the highest difficulty.

I have installed but not yet run Medieval II: Total War, so that'll probably be next up, though I'm trying to find time to give Darklands a try.

Hey, those of you that have MTW II, what's your take on it? I want that game after I finish G3. Played the demo and loved it.

I love it. I played through the weekend although I havent accomplished a lot with my modest Sicilian kingdom. You have to be wary of everyone in the strategic map, lots of deals made, alliances broken, wars declared. I cant say if it's the AI that's unbalanced (in some forums veterans players tend to think so) but it makes a very tense game, and expansion must be carefully thought out, much more so than in Rome TW -- that's my experience at least. Plus you have to decide how you'll build each of your settlements, either city or castle. Great game, really, and I havent experienced some of the new features like the guilds (assassins, templar knights, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom