Drakensang A Few Questions (possible spoilers)

Majnun

Sentinel
I have done the first errand quest for one of the trader families in the docks and reported back to the guard lady. Now they just tell me to come back later there is no work now. Any idea what progress needs to be made to further this quest line? Do I need to go ahead and follow Rakorium (sp) to the next town and just come back later or what? I've done almost everything else in this city (except clearing under the brewery past lvl 2 down).

Also, any idea where I can get what is needed to pacify Fluffy the dancing bear? I tried going to the fish merchant for a fish (no luck) and tried buying a chicken from the guy near the citadel (it just adds a chicken to your houses garden area). It says "magic is needed" or something like that. Is what I need in this city or elsewhere is really all I need to know.

Is there any point in buying the silly chicken and having it added to your house?

Is there any use later on for the shovel you can buy from the same guy who sells the chicken? In the description it says it can be used to dig things up (duh) or as a weapon. I'm just wondering if there actually *are* things to be dug up later in the game.

Last question...I read this on another forum but I'm not 100% sure on it. If a spell has no modifier value is there any point in rasing it's skill level? It seems like there is not any point since you can't *miss* with a spell (that I've noticed).

Hello,

- chicken: adds to overall athmosphere/ambience in your house

- bear: elves should be able to use a spell, if I remember correctly

- trading families: come back when you've completed the next main quest.

Hope this helps.

I have done the first errand quest for one of the trader families in the docks and reported back to the guard lady. Now they just tell me to come back later there is no work now. Any idea what progress needs to be made to further this quest line?
Just do whatever quest takes you out of town to another area, typically one of the main quests. When you come back the trader quest line continues and there will be other side quests available. Check some taverns or walk down the streets.

Also, any idea where I can get what is needed to pacify Fluffy the dancing bear?
Yes, there should be a spell that does exactly that, don't know what it's called (got an animal icon with "zzz" on it). If you can't cast it yourself, you can wait until you find a companion who can. It's also possible to pacify the bear if your skill in animal knowledge is high enough.

Is there any point in buying the silly chicken and having it added to your house?
I'd be interested in that as well. If you got too much gold, might as well spend it. Makes your home livelier. Later, you'll be able to buy something else from that guy too. I don't think it has any relevant effect on gameplay though.

Don't know about your other questions.

PS: Is there *any* resource online that has a list of all spells etc. in English? The official Drakensang page offers nothing. :|

<snip>

Last question...I read this on another forum but I'm not 100% sure on it. If a spell has no modifier value is there any point in rasing it's skill level? It seems like there is not any point since you can't *miss* with a spell (that I've noticed).

You need to read the description of the spell. Some spells have more effect depending on your skill level on it (SP I think it's called). So the description may say 'heals 1D+SP*3' which would mean it heals 1d6 I think, and your skill points * 3, no modifier.
I think it's also important for the damage on some spells, like if it says SP* it takes the remainder of your SP after applying it to the rolls and adds to damage. Something like that, so in short... yes there is a point in raising skill levels for spells without modifiers.

The editor has a spoiler tag to hide critical content. ;)

The thieves guild is in the district where the poor vicitim was killed. There's an entrance to the sewers, a corner, a pub and a rather unfriendly merchant with a stand on the other side. Exactly where the woman was kidnapped. The theives guild is in the cellar next to the stand.

Shoot the crystals on top of the buildings.

As for the Thieve's Guild...

I had done the small chain of quests started by Dranor's friend standing by the rock near the herbalist in the first area. This ends with a clue as to where they are and the password needed to enter. I'm not sure if there's an alternative way of joining them or getting that password (it's not one you type in, my character already knew it and just said it when asked).

The editor has a spoiler tag to hide critical content. ;)

Shoot the crystals on top of the buildings.
oh didn't know that, I just ran past them and killed the necromancer, that automatically kills all the undeads

Back
Top Bottom