ES4: Oblivion - Patch v1.2 Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
It's been a long time in the making, but the Elder Scrolls site now has a v1.2 patch for Oblivion (4.5Mb). The full patch notes include the entire readme file but here are the actual changes:
New Features
10 new Xbox 360 Achievements for Shivering Isles
Bug Fixes
Improved LOD visual quality for landscape.
Optimizations to file loading system.
Taking items from dead owned creatures is no longer a crime.
Fixed issue where lock/unlocked states on doors would occasionally be stored incorrectly in a save game.
NPCs no longer pop into view after player cancels out from the Wait menu.
Fixed memory leak with sitting in a chair multiple times.
The reflection from the environment map in windows now displays properly.
Fixed an issue where player is still in combat even though the creature is no longer present.
Player can no longer fast travel when paralyzed.
Fixed infinite dialogue loop when arrested by guards who have high disposition to you.
Fixed issue where guards would not properly report crime if they were pickpocketed.
Summoned creatures properly fade away when they are created from a leveled list.
Fixed issue where stolen items would lose their stolen status if the player character was female.
Fixed crash that would occur with NPCs loading in with arrows.
Pickup sound effects no longer play during the loading screen.
If you attack a creature owned by you, crime is no longer reported.
Fixed issue with LOD not loading in properly when entering/exiting worldspaces.
Fixed infinite soul gems exploit by dropping and picking up stacked soul gems.
Fixed a crash with summoning a creature and immediately exiting the cell.
Fixed a crash with stealing an object, exiting and immediately
re-entering an interior.
Fixed issue where an NPC would occasionally not perform the proper idle animation.
Fixed an occasional crash when a creature loses detection on the player.
Fixed an occasional crash with NPCs who were not loaded going into combat.
Quest Fixes
In Light the Dragonfires, fixed issue where improper journal would appear if you closed an Oblivion gate.
In Till Death do They Part, fixed an issue where Melisande would not properly give you Cure Vampirism potion.
More information.

took 1 year to release a gimpy patch 2? i don't hate oblivion but this seems like they waited to the week before the expansion release just to 'nudge' people into thinking they should pick up the expansion; !!!"so many new things"!!!

I dunno, when I played with the whole 'Knights of the Nine' pack, I didn't really have any major issues, thought it all worked pretty well.

It isn't uncommon to have a patch right before an expansion release, since I think they want a stable codebase to work on, then discover bugs as they proceed and fix them and then make sure it all works together, then release when ready.

i know its common to patch a game right before an expanision, but usually it is not more fixes than released in all other patches (1 minor one within the first month of release if i recall). i still stand by it as another shady bethesda tactic. i enjoyed the month ~100 hours i spent playing the game but have no more desire to touch it again or give them any more money. even if fallout 3 gets stellar reviews from everyone here i will ponder and wait 'til i can get a deal on it. oblivion is a fine game. but i am interested in fine developers i can count on and bethesda is far from that for me.

Back
Top Bottom