The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Next time you should send him ahead on purpose to find all of the traps and then bring him back to a shrine. I guess I could at least listen in since it is pretty much impossible right now to get a headset I could use since I have never found any with a long enough cord and I don't think there is anything but bluetooth for wireless headsets. The only thing I can think of is trying to get a speaker system that has a mic connector if they exist for computers.

PS. I forgot Skyrim comes out in less then a month so I won't use my VIP code till after that.

Next time you should send him ahead on purpose to find all of the traps and then bring him back to a shrine.
We've pretty much already done that when our party make-up doesn't include a rogue. We don't use a shrine, though. We point and laugh for a while and then cast the ressy spell after he's properly shamed. ;)

I am totally happy with my headset. It's comfortable, covers my ears well and has superb audio quality for the price. It's just that the bluetooth interferes with my wireless mouse. I pretty much confirmed that it is. Sigh. I will try to connect this thing to my iMac instead. Maybe using that for dedicated Skype will make things work better.

Why does everything use the same bluetooth frequencies? :/ (Or whatever it is.)

And I can totally recommend using voice chat. I don't really do it all that much, so I am still amazed that I can have a direct, free and wireless connection to the other side of the world. :D However, sometimes I get distracted by it so much that I'm not even paying attention to the game any more!!

It looks like I have to quit playing for awhile since they screwed up hirelings. I just got killed because of it and then I tried to get my cleric to pick up my stone to bring it to a shrine and she wouldn't listen to me at all. I quit after that and won't play until it is straightened out.

Once you're dead, hirelings won't help unless they have raise dead. They WON'T pick up your stone; you will have to release. Playing with REAL people is much superior!! :)

Beware of hirelings… yes… just had an interesting experience… flare a sorc. Mind you he was in guard mode. We went into sulatar village, he grabbed aggro from every mob nearby and got himself killed. Had a red dungeon alert by then. Ok, hirelings fight now, but they are way too aggressive. Probably ok for the fighter hirelings to do this though. Hate to put them on standby, but that may be what has to happen and tell them to heal us, or whatever we want them to do, as we go.

I plan on reporting this as a bug when they open that up again.

Actually you can command your hireling to pickup your stone and they will follow you to the resurrection shrine and then you command them to activate the shrine. (the icon is a yellow one on the hirelings bar that you click to have your hireling activate the object you have selected)

PS. Mine is always on defend and still just went off by herself without enemies being nearby.

PPS. Before the patch she did a very good job and kept me healed and fought enemies near me or were firing at me and she could handle herself very well. The only reason why I decided to use a hireling is because Elite dungeons were eating my potions and having a cleric was way cheaper then using potions.

Last edited:
If you enjoy elite dungeons, then you REALLY need to play with Peter!! :D

Well, i went out to searing heights again, with Flash and put him passive. no probs with him running off. I put him into guard mode when i needed a bit of repair, had to wait for a fight, but it was ok. Repaired no prob. Put him passive again until we got to the part of the sulatar village with the fire elemental cave, started fighting, put him on guard and all good. He helped, repaired, kept himself alive as well and didn't draw so much aggro i couldn't keep up.

So I found 2 unused letter keys, B and N, and mapped his passive mode to B and guard mode to N. That seems to work. When ever he ran off to attack I hit B and he stopped fine. Additional hirelings can be mapped as well, just have to find more unused keys.

I think the problem will get fixed pretty quickly (hopefully) and we can get back to better working hirelings. The weird thing about this bug is it didn't start right after the patch since my hireling worked well just after I installed the patch and started playing and it was later when it messed up.

Corwin: Yeah good idea; I could use a bit of cannon fodder to keep my hireling alive when she goes and runs off.;p

You could always have the hirelings pick up your stones, and activate objects like runes or levers. Comes in handy when you need WIS or INT or whatever for a rune when you're on a character that doesn't have that stat maxed.

I've only ever used the Favored Soul and Cleric hirelings extensively; never found much a use for the melee hires, and the arcanes blow their sp on the first fight so they end up being useless as well. Rogues are store-only, but useful in quests where you can get a lot of xp for disarming traps. Bards seem to be good, but I haven't used one much.

I've noticed that each hireling seems to have a bit of a personality difference coded in. Some clerics heal too much, hitting heals before you lose 10hp, others will about let you die before considering it. Some are more aggressive, even on passive spamming their searing lights, and others tend to stay away from the fight even if they're on follow mode.

Too bad they are not all like the level 1 Cleric I have since she is pretty balanced. She heals when it is needed and fights when she needs to. I think I might just go without a hireling for now since with the guild buffs I haven't actually needed a hireling so far.

The biggest issue with the hirelings is they are increasingly squishy as you level. Clerics don't get much past 200hp, though some of the FvS break the 300hp mark. My FvS has 500hp, and before she TRed Aerii had 400hp as a Cleric. Neither has a Greensteel HP item either, so there's 45hp on the table. Though Aerii is a single regular Shard away from a tier3 GS goggles, though I'm probably going for sp/CHA skills/raise clicky instead.

How do I kill those Ice Spiders, please ? *rolls eyes* Have they've always been that hard to kill ? Or do I use the wrong weapons ? Or is this a glitch from the newest update ?

And speaking of glitches : My character wearss a cape now and a hat, but both aren't shown in-game. In contrast to yesterday, where the hat could be seen on the top of the head. (I received the cape today.)

And besides : Are items class-restricted ? Or can anyone wear them ?

Some items are class and or race restricted. Showing hats is an option you can turn on or off in the settings. There's also a command you can type in, but I forget it. Most of us hate hats.
Ice spiders are easy, if you have a flaming weapon, or fire spell!! :)

Hm, strange. I have a minor flaming sword (and even a bow !) (the description says its a "glowing" sword), but I just can't target them ! The only way I can kill them with a bow is using the "U" key, nothing else seems to work … The game just doesn't show them as a target for a bow in closer combat …

Anyway, I think I'm too tired for this night (it's shortly before midnight local time), I made it through Misery Peak, even found the dragon - but was utterly defeated ... Rather in the beginning area of this quest, one of the disciples even said : "Why don't you die ?" :lol:

You didn't try to FIGHT the dragon did you!!??!! You DON'T do that.

No, no, I had no chance anyway : I was followed by at least 4 or 5 Ice Spiders, at least 5 ghouls, 4 Zombies, one or two disciples, one to three minions … I lost counting. I got a pop up saying : "Orange Dungeon Alert ! You have [don't remember the word - "woken up" ?] too many [minions ?] who are coming after you" - or something like that. It indeed was a small army running after me, lol ! :lol:

And their sheer number overwhelmed me …

If you run fast enough, some of them should 'poof' back to their spawn location after awhile. Misery Peak begins to prepare you for what lies ahead in the later quests. It's still considered a fairly easy dungeon on normal though. Most people solo it at level 2.

Back
Top Bottom