Pricewatch!

actually they're "buddies" - i really enjoyed the game, though never finished, as i do all of the unique offerings from Ice-Pick Lodge (The Void and Pathologic are their other games)

gamefly has LA Noire for $5 as well as other offerings

actually they're "buddies" - i really enjoyed the game, though never finished, as i do all of the unique offerings from Ice-Pick Lodge (The Void and Pathologic are their other games)

gamefly has LA Noire for $5 as well as other offerings
They might be called "Buddies", but they are still bald naked dwarfs :p

you should also note that using your boot to launch them in the air is part of the gameplay...

The Void and Pathologic are their other games

Makes sense now :). Pathologic remains one of the weirdest games I have ever played. I never got very far in it.. the English translation was abysmal, and it just didn't make much sense to me.

Speaking of weird games - Amnesia: The Dark Descent and the Penumbra series are 75% off at GamersGate this week.

http://www.gamersgate.com/publisher/21/frictional-games

Makes sense now :). Pathologic remains one of the weirdest games I have ever played. I never got very far in it.. the English translation was abysmal, and it just didn't make much sense to me.

Speaking of weird games - Amnesia: The Dark Descent and the Penumbra series are 75% off at GamersGate this week.

http://www.gamersgate.com/publisher/21/frictional-games

I never got very far in Pathologic either. However The Void is a wonderful game and one of the most "beautiful" games i've ever played. to me that game is a flawed masterpiece if only flawed because it can be crushingly unforgiving at points, though there is a mod/patch i believe which fixes it.

Be Mine 3 is live. This one contains:
Oddworld Abe's Oddysee
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
Avernum 4-6
Hamilton's Great Adventure
Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45
and if you pay $6 (or more)
Garsharp: The monster Slayer

Bonuses for many sold units seem to be music and a movie.

How important is it to have played Avernum 1-3 before you play 4-6? Is there much of a story connection?

Be Mine 3 is live. This one contains:
Oddworld Abe's Oddysee
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
Avernum 4-6
Hamilton's Great Adventure
Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45
and if you pay $6 (or more)
Garsharp: The monster Slayer

Bonuses for many sold units seem to be music and a movie.

How important is it to have played Avernum 1-3 before you play 4-6? Is there much of a story connection?

Avernum 1-3 are remakes of his original 'Exile 1-3' games, and a good introduction ... but not needed. Avernum 4 was my first, and then I played others before it and don't feel I missed anything.

Avernum 1-3 are remakes of his original 'Exile 1-3' games, and a good introduction … but not needed. Avernum 4 was my first, and then I played others before it and don't feel I missed anything.

Ah, alright then, that is good to know. I'll at least try Avernum 4 before deciding if I feel that the first 3 are worth buying, and not worry all that much about playing the old games.

Also, I must be crazy, but I actually prefer the way that the old Exile games looks compared to the Avernum games...

The Total War Complete Collection is 80% off ($24.90) at GamersGate right now.

◦Empire & Napoleon Total War™ - Game of the Year Edition
◦Medieval 2 Total War Gold Edition
◦Rome Total War Alexander
◦Rome: Total War Gold Edition
◦Shogun Total War Gold Edition
◦Total War SHOGUN 2

The cyberpunk shooter Hard Reset is 66% off ($6.80).

it seems okay.

Dungeon Siege 3 and its nearly expansion-sized DLC Treasures of the Sun are on sale today, with Dungeon Siege being 75% off, and the expansion 50% off (this is part of the current SquareEnix sale on Gamer's Gate).
I found Dungeon Siege 3 to be pretty good.

Also Sacred & Divine Divinity are about to go on sale on GOG. It looks like Sacred will be 40% off & Divine Divinity will be 60% off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom