Eschalon: Book III - New Years Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Basilisk Games has kicked up an update for the New Year, explaining development of Eschalon: Book III was slow in 2011 for business and expanded production reasons - but a 2012 release is still "possible". A partial snip:
And while development of Book III is in full swing, continued sales of Book I & II are still extremely important to us as the ongoing revenue keeps the bills paid. It eats up quite a bit of our time promoting our games and working to get Eschalon as widely available as possible. Mac App Store, Desura and OnLive are three of our newest partners. Many of you may also remember our efforts earlier this year to get Humble Bundle to give us a spot. We are still trying to convince them that we'd be a great addition, so don't be afraid to send them an email to let them know you want to see us included in the next bundle.
icon_biggrin.gif

Oh yes, and to top it off, during all of this we moved the studio a couple month ago to give us more room. This is still somewhat ongoing as we're awaiting some additional equipment and furniture. Growing the studio is ultimately a good thing, but it pretty much brought all development to a halt for several weeks.

What this all means is: YES, Book III is coming!! We really blew our development schedule in 2011, missing almost every deadline we set for ourselves. But 2012 will be a productive year for us, and we are working hard right now to get everything together to make the formal announcement. This requires a press release, logos and artwork, screenshots, and we need to be able to answer questions when requests for info and interviews come our way. We certainly think that a 2012 release for Book III is possible, but we can't make any promises to anyone right now.
Thanks, Black Rune!
More information.

Last edited:
Good news,hopeffuly they keep it up and make similar to previous games and don't restrict character developement leting you make hybrid builds as before.

Well, on my wish list Eshalon Book 3 is no1. Cant wait to see the development of the game. Trailer,screens etc... I really hope that it is released in 2012.

Great news ! Book 2 was one of my favorite indies. I didnt think it would be comig this soon.

No!!!! HUrry up!!! Rush it out the door! Learn something from Bioware and DA2 it! ;)

For real though, I'm looking forward to this. The plan is still to include an editor with this one, right???

For real though, I'm looking forward to this. The plan is still to include an editor with this one, right???
I sure hope so. I'm almost looking forward to the editor more than the game itself (provided it allows modifying the rule system and creation of new spells etc.).

As far as I know, it won't be just eschalon for long;) I know he has plans for at least one other game and there has been talks about others. I haven't kept in touch as much as I have before. I will need to talk to him some more.

Back
Top Bottom