Witcher 3 Witcher 3 Delayed to May 2015

The Witcher 3

wolfgrimdark

Follower of Fenris Wolf
Original Sin Donor
Looks like the Witcher is being delayed. While I am eager to play will be nice to have it more polished. Plus I have plenty to keep me busy till then.

Dear Gamers,

Ever since we started working on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we knew it would be an ambitious game. We wanted, and still aim, to give you an incredible experience, an epic adventure in a vast, completely open fantasy universe.

The sheer size and complexity of The Witcher, key features of the title, have had a decisive impact on production. Now, nearing the end of our work, we see many details that need to be corrected. When we release the most important game in our studio’s history, we must be absolutely sure that we did everything we could to limit any bugs to a level that will allow you to enjoy the game thoroughly.

With this in mind, we took another look at current workloads and what they mean for the team. Even though everyone is working at full speed, we concluded that we need another 12 weeks, so we are shifting the release date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to May 19th, 2015.

We owe you an apology. We set the release date too hastily. It’s a hard lesson, one to take to heart for the future. We know what we want to do to make Wild Hunt one of the best RPGs you will ever play. And we continue to work hard to achieve just that. So, we apologize and ask for your trust.

Thank you for the all support you show us on a daily basis. We truly do appreciate it. It has fueled us in our passion since the start and will continue to do so.

The Board of CD PROJEKT SA

I wonder if they have been reading the feedback Boiware has been getting about DA:I, and decided to change things up a bit.

Maybe it's from the huge amount of damage that AAA publishers have done to their major franchises with dramatically crappy releases.

Assassins Creed Unity
COD Advanced Warfare.
Farcry 4

etc, etc.

Either way, I'm glad they are taking time to release a nice polished game.

Well as someone said in the news thread on this topic would be nice to see a nice PC interface :)

Great, now I'll have time to forget everything about the story, too. <grumble>

Edit: "I wonder if they have been reading the feedback Boiware has been getting about DA:I, and decided to change things up a bit."

Or maybe they've been play... <ahem> researching the game a little too much at work? :)

Delays are a good thing for us gamers as we'll get a better product for the same money.

Still my first reaction was: Nooooooooo! :(

Either way, I'm glad they are taking time to release a nice polished game.

You mean like how they took their time with the Witcher 2 and released a nice, polished game...

You mean like how they took their time with the Witcher 2 and released a nice, polished game…

You're saying TW2 wasn't polished? I finished it 3 days after it was released, and the only bug I can remember was input lag on certain button combos.

It was a huge improvement over the original English release of TW1.

You're saying TW2 wasn't polished? I finished it 3 days after it was released, and the only bug I can remember was input lag on certain button combos.

It was a huge improvement over the original English release of TW1.

You're saying the Witcher 2 was a nice game then? Because as unpolished as TW1 was, it was a better game than the Witcher 2.

You're saying the Witcher 2 was a nice game then? Because as unpolished as TW1 was, it was a better game than the Witcher 2.

TW2 was a huge improvement over TW1 in almost every way... so why do you think it was a better game ?

TW2 was a huge improvement over TW1 in almost every way… so why do you think it was a better game ?

Better RPG. The arguments for Witcher 1 over Witcher 2 are very similar to the arguments for DA:O over DA:I. Stats (there are none,) skills (reduced), alchemy (simplified) and combat (where are the different styles) play a part. Sidequests are as boring as ever and of course... no sex cards :p

I just think it amusing that the Watch is fine with the way CDProjekt are taking the Witcher, which is to say it's diluting the RPG elements in favour of making the game appeal to a wider audience. It's still a good game, but the Witcher 1 should be pleasing more hard-core RPG fans.

The combat in TW2 is absolutely much improved from TW1, neither of them has a good character development system, but I don't think you can say that one is much better than the other. This might all be a matter of taste of course.

But the one thing where you are completely wrong is :
Sidequests are as boring as ever

Are you kidding TW2 has fantastic side-quests which a lot of different outcomes, did you even play those ?!?!?!

As for sex cards if you played TW1 for that... well there are other games that would probably be better for you to play for such a things anyway, so I don't think it is much of an argument. I am really glad those are gone, they were disgusting.

The combat in TW2 is absolutely much improved from TW1, neither of them has a good character development system, but I don't think you can say that one is much better than the other. This might all be a matter of taste of course.

Both systems were pretty bad (Witcher 1 had that stupid rhythm thing going while Witcher 2 was more actiony.) That being said the Witcher 1 had more depth where the Witcher 2 went for more of an action style. Like before I believe hard-core RPG fans should have liked the first more, it's more satisfying from an RPG standpoint. There was a lot of rolling in the Witcher 2... like Fable.

Are you kidding TW2 has fantastic side-quests which a lot of different outcomes, did you even play those ?!?!?!

Talk to NPCs, go do job, talk to more NPCs, return. Standard stuff.

As for sex cards if you played TW1 for that…

Aha, that was a joke. I actually didn't get the appeal :p

Talk to NPCs, go do job, talk to more NPCs, return. Standard stuff.

Disagree and especially if you compare it to TW1.

Well, there are some of those, but there are a lot of really complex side quests with hard choices and different consequences, my favourites were:

* Succubus side quest, lots of hard choices and no clear right and wrong, very different outcome depending on choice
* The long running side quests were you collect small hints to finally get a completely optional boss that is the hardest in the game, and also give you ridiculously overpowered fire staff :p
* Lots of monster hunting quests that require you to learn about the monsters before you can complete them.

Think the last few responses really show how subjective this all is. Having followed tons of Witcher and DA threads here (and elsewhere) I have seen many people swear W2 and DA2 are far better than their predecessors (W1 and DAO) but just as many people doing the opposite. So who is right? No one and everyone.

As for sex cards if you played TW1 for that… well there are other games that would probably be better for you to play for such a things anyway, so I don't think it is much of an argument. I am really glad those are gone, they were disgusting.

LOL
A thing TW1 did better than TW2 were exactly those cards. I want them back in TW3, if they don't do it, hell I'll turn into a modder and add them myself!
Some can find them sexist, IMO those were pure art.
Also, the music in TW1 outclasses TW2 music. Sorry. Think what you want.

Everything else I have to agree. And will add that Geralt and NPCs have more believable looks in TW2. In TW1 everyone looks too hollywoody. Plastic. Even ugly grandmas were made too cute. I'm aware it's because of crappy Aurora engine, but well… They fixed it in TW2.

However, I can't say TW1 is hundred times or even more better than TW2 or vice versa. Both have great stuff, both have their own problems. And I love them both.

In the case of DA:O vs DA2, honestly and really, I cannot understand how someone can find DA2 better. Compared to DA:O's epicness, DA2 feels so small, empty and repetitive, like we got one DA:O area to play in. Just don't tell me that those people love DA2 more because DA:O didn't have anime bishie with oversized sword.

I liked part deux much better. It had way better dialogues, more interesting characters and an awesome, very immersive Gothic-like atmosphere (with the NPC schedules etc.). I played the Enhanced Edition fully patched and pretty much finished it in "one go" (over a few weeks).

It was much harder for me to really get into part 1. The beginning was sooo boring in the Vizima outskirts. The first game generally had its moments but it also dragged extremely in between those moments. It took me a long time over several months to finally finish it.

If part 3 is like part 2 just with bigger areas and even more interesting characters á la Iorveth, Roche, Letho or those sorceresses plus the same great atmosphere in the cities with drunken guards, children playing in the street, people huddled around campfires, birds launching in the air as you approach them etc. etc. etc., then I'll be a very happy camper once the EE is available.

Wow.. this thread got way off track. Not sure how it turned into a debate about which game is subjectively better.

Being "polished" has little to do with one being more enjoyable than the other. All I know is that TW1 was a mess when it was first released in English. CDP promptly released a much better version for free though and that's what matters.

Back
Top Bottom