Divinity 2 - PC and XBox 360 Demos Available

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
At least almost. dtp sends word that the PC demo for Divinity 2 has been released today and an XBox demo will follow on Dec. 21st. Whether other languages than German are included is still unclear.

Update:

A few PC demos are now available, more will follow.
Explore Rivellon: the PC demo version of Divinity II - Ego Draconis is available! As of now, you can download the official PC demo at the links mentioned below. The approximately 1,8 GB sized demo gives you a glance at the first hours of the game. After the tutorial, you can start exciting adventures in the "Broken Valley".

Download links:

More information.

Last edited by a moderator:
A demo for the 360 in 3 days? Somehow that doesn't sound right. I hadn't heard a peep about it until now. I suppose since it is posted here, it is reliable info, but still, I can't help but be a little skeptical.

Cool. I'm visiting my brother in Texas right now, but I'm looking forward to trying that demo as soon as I get home.

So, how would that affect the 360 demo release? I'm assuming that since the game's a port, the demo is too, and they wouldn't release an English demo before the PC version was done. I believe I remember some region/language-specific demos on the 360, Japanese usually, but never one only in German and French.

We've updated the newsbit.

Other mirrors should appear soon.

Hey guys,
I have a quick question. How is the graphics of Divinity 2 in comparison to Risen?
Better? Even? I mean as environment, characters, direction?

Hey guys,
I have a quick question. How is the graphics of Divinity 2 in comparison to Risen?
Better? Even? I mean as environment, characters, direction?

A specific platform mention would help.
Also If your using a PC just try the demo!

Don't seem to work on Vista :(

It can't just be Vista that's not working for you because it (= the English demo) is working fine here on Vista 64-bit SP2 with the latest official nVidia drivers installed (GTX 260 graphics card).

Is anyone seeing weird glitching in the game? I very often have the display stop updating for saying 1/4 to 1/2 second but the character still seems to be moving on top of the stopped world...! It's very strange and annoying. :p This is on Vista 32-bit SP2.

I sure hope the actually game isn't like this, I loved Divine Divinity and have really been looking forward to this one.

I'm wondering if the glitches people report are hardware specific. I've had no issues with the game on my XP 64 rig with a Nvidia 8800 GT and dual core AMD processor. I do have 4GB RAM.

I got i working at last? 25 min after I had click the install, it surdenly started to install?

I just finished downloading the file, but I can't open it….:mad:

*Edit* Nevermind, seems I just had to edit the filename to include ".exe". (I downloaded it from Fileshack)

My first impression…

Runs very smooth on my mid-range system @1280x1024 with "High" settings, x16 Anistropy, AA off. Attempting to run with "Extreme" settings turned it into a slideshow however, even though I couldn't see a significant visual difference between the two settings. Overall I think the graphics are very good.

I don't like how moving your view up/down changes your zoom level. I would have much prefered a manual zoom function on the mouse wheel, etc.

Combat animations are excellent imo, and the skill trees look like a lot of fun. I leveled up once, and put a point in "Summon undead", even though I was playing as a Warrior. I like how they keep all the skills open regardless of which class you choose.

Couple of *small* complaints: First, there seems to be a lot of doors that are simply part of the background, it would be nice if you could enter more buildings. Second, I don't like the floating loot icons, they're quite silly looking imo. I also noticed a slight delay when switching between menus.

Questions: Can someone tell me what the "Timeslice" animation and shadow update options are? Also, is this game more dependent on the GPU or CPU?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom