Simcity studio shutdown by EA

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Good riddance I say as the series went down the drain.:shakefist:

The last SimCity game I enjoyed playing was the 2000 version. We have other alternatives like Cities XXL ,and the new Skyline game to play instead nowadays.

Here's to hoping they stop making more sequels, and expansions for The Sims.

It's a shame that EA's sitting on so many good franchises that they've so badly abused. Still, it's worth mourning what Maxis once was.

EA_SimCity_new+(1).png

"Today we are consolidating Maxis IP development to our studios in Redwood Shores, Salt Lake City, Helsinki and Melbourne locations as we close our Emeryville location," an EA representative said in a statement.

They had 5 studios working on the Maxis IPs? Don't they just have Spores, Sim City and The Sims? Even with a mobile game studio (that's Helsinki), that's still seems like a lots of studios.

OOO, our online sim city scam didn't work, let's blaim the studio... ooo our online command & Conquer scam didn't work let's blaim the studio... ooo our Online Ultima scam didn't work let's blaim the studio...

Always glad to boycott anything EA :) I am sure I won't stop.

Crowdfunding has provided so many titles in the genre, burying the Sim city franchise no longer matters.

Cities Skyline seems to be taking the Internet by storm. Release date is in a few days so I'm guessing real reviews will be out then.

The competition will be harsh though, with all the products that crowdfunding has helped to make.

Publishers are such an old model, that would be so many more different games in different genres without them...

Back
Top Bottom