Mass Effect 3 - The Joker Returns

Even KoTOR had sucky party mechanics.

KOTOR doesn't have an isometric camera either, of course. It's funny how being a sequel changes the rules on what you expect... funny but also understandable. When you buy DA2 you expect more DA.

In any case my issues with DA2 have very little to do with mechanics and console influence and everything to do with just flat-out poor execution.

KOTOR doesn't have an isometric camera either, of course. It's funny how being a sequel changes the rules on what you expect… funny but also understandable. When you buy DA2 you expect more DA.

In any case my issues with DA2 have very little to do with mechanics and console influence and everything to do with just flat-out poor execution.

I was fine with the new combat system, and the character development system was actually great.

But the soapy TV show writing, wave-spawn encounters, and the atrociously lazy recycled level design utterly ruined the game for me.

I was fine with the new combat system, and the character development system was actually great.

But the soapy TV show writing, wave-spawn encounters, and the atrociously lazy recycled level design utterly ruined the game for me.

I agree 100% with all that you just said.

There's a dirty theory going around some forums that ME3 will be just Shepard, like ME2's last DLC was.
That would be pretty stupid.
ME2´s party combat system may be nothing to write home about, but (at least on higher difficulties) party composition and abilities add quite a substantial layer in regards to tactics and play style and, more importantly, it´s the overall feel of party participation that´s really important (and staple for the series).
Few Shepard-only combat scenarios would be good though - when done appropriately, this type of challenge tends to be interesting in otherwise party-based games, having to rely solely on the main char´s abilities and all.

My "dirty" theory is that in ME3 there´ll be about 3 non-optional new companions and some old ones will either have cameos or return as optional squad members, depending on save import, with the possibility to influence how some quests will play out. For a non-imported Shepard, implementing some default alive/dead state for these shouldn´t be a problem.
Bioware didn´t have problems implementing this kind of optional content in the past (DA:O, for example) and hopefully doesn´t have now.
Of course DA2 and Arrival DLC put some doubts on how ME3 will turn out.

Back
Top Bottom