Skyrim Vilja in Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
Vilja is probably the most known companion mod in the Bethesda universe. I generally take her and eventually make her my spouse as she has very entertaining dialogues and is very "aware" of the game. Some examples:

1. I've got her and Lydia following me and Vilja stops, looks at Lydia and says, "That's an interesting outfit you have on? Did you pick it out yourself? Lydia replies something along the lines of "We've discussed this in the past and basically blames the player character for forcing them to wear outrageous outfits. Vilja comments about what her mother would think.

2. Vilja can take you places, making you the follower. One time when following her she spouts out, "Hey, I know what you're looking at back there and its not the lovely nature. Another time she says, "This isn't exactly what I meant by watching my back".

How popular is Vilja? On the Nexus Forum, the thread about her is 2738 pages long :cool:

Did you play her in English or German, Hidden? I need to grab other companions because she has different dialogue with each follower and even other mods followers. She has a ton of stuff with Ceriwiden, for instance...

I downloaded the mod as I always wanted more alive and real character in Skyrim, however, I got so turned off by her voice acting, I ended up uninstalling the mod... which is strange because I love having companions around in RPGs. I think this is the only game I prefer being a solo, especially because of stealth/stealing aspect as well :) Also, a lot of times followers get in your way when you cast spells and turn against you! (Yes, I'm not very good at managing my spells.... :))

Emma, Vilja's creator is from Sweden?, so her English is heavily accented and sometimes her pronunciation is comical. The first time I downloaded her, I couldn't understand a word she said. I uninstalled and then kept reading all the rave reviews. The next time, I just let her talk till I got used to the accent. Now, I wouldn't trade her voice for anything. She is an acquired taste though.

Emma says clothes as closes, for instance :)

Yeah, Emma's great, no question about it. The only thing I don't like is that Vilja really slows the game down to the point that I get exasperated. I think the way to play it is with the "become a bard" mod and just treat it as a separate game. No MQ, just follow Vilja's bard story and make music together. :) If I get back to Skyrim someday, I will definitely do that.

In the newer versions of Vilja, you can skip any of the quests that you've either done before, or just aren't your cup of tea by speaking to a friend of hers in the Bannered Mare. You have to go get the bottle from the two drunks, but that is a very quick quest. After that, you can skip the next several quests completely. I almost always skip the earlier quests and just play the later ones that were added.

Back
Top Bottom