RIP Kim Jong-il

Just to let you know the current middle eastern people are not the same people that modern civilization traces back to. Groups from Africa invaded the middle east and destroyed those civilizations.

Definitely getting rid of a few "upstanding gents", but are you so sure the inevitable replacements will be an improvement?

No, but I'll take my small victories where I may.

As for North Korea: Can it get worse than the current regime/situation? (Ok, maybe he wasn't of Pol Port caliber, but still ...)

red pibbur

That could lead to another Korean War. Would that mean the return of MASH? :)

I think I'm going to be sick:

North Koreans Weeping Over Kim Jong-Il - isn't it nice of them to cry like that in front of the cameras and in nice orderly lines.

My only thought is if they are paid or forced to do this.

The best video isn't even on youtube yet. It's over here on the news though. North Koreans hugging the escalator that Kim Jong once used.

I want off this planet now, please. A nice life-sustaining planet as far away from all humans would be nice.

North Koreans Weeping Over Kim Jong-Il - isn't it nice of them to cry like that in front of the cameras and in nice orderly lines.

The best video isn't even on youtube yet. It's over here on the news though. North Koreans hugging the escalator that Kim Jong once used.

I want off this planet now, please. A nice life-sustaining planet as far away from all humans would be nice.

They are so brain washed that they probably are weeping for real.

Sometimes, the human response to intense doubt and mental pressure is the reverse of what you would expect.

Like what some Germans did before and during WW2 - when society focused intensely on the "jew-problem".

To "live with yourself" - you'd have to convince yourself that hunting or dismissing other human beings was the right thing to do. Some people find that easier when they turn fanatical, because by doing that they will not only protect themselves from overt doubt - but also through the effect they have on those IN doubt. They ensure that others won't talk openly about the doubts they know they have inside, by fighting the fight they're told to fight with great intensity.

They turn their own profound doubt into a weapon, to make that which is so obviously not true - come true.

It's really quite fascinating how powerful this kind of denial can be.

As for North Korea: Can it get worse than the current regime/situation? (Ok, maybe he wasn't of Pol Port caliber, but still …)

I don't think so. If N Korea attacks then they will bring down the US upon them and China retaliates if S Korea attacks. It has been so for 50 years and I don't see it changing. All we have seen from this is threats and counter-threats. I read the US is sending them aid again in exchange for a freeze in their nuclear policy(what the hell, again?) Welcome the new boss, same as the old boss.

Not paid.

Forced.

Or indoctrinated.

My personal perception is that of the highest elite of this country "leeching" the country and its people from its resources - meanwhile swimming in money. Rumors say that the elite is actually very rich.

North Korea is to me like George Orwell's book called "1984" actually come true.

And this is what frightens me most, personally.

Rumors say that the elite is actually very rich.

I don't know about all the elite, but the old asshole loved his cognac.

Funny thing is that report focused on the cognac, but what made me sick to my stomach was the report on the 'Joy Brigades':

There are other strange details about this man, according to Dr. Post. "He's recruited these 'joy brigades,' where he finds these attractive young women as early as junior high to entertain senior officials."

There are other strange details about this man, according to Dr. Post. "He's recruited these 'joy brigades,' where he finds these attractive young women as early as junior high to entertain senior officials."

That actually goes on in China, Tibet, Japan and Indonesia currently as well. Nothing unique or new about that. Part of Asian culture apparently.

kim-jong-il-insane.jpg

Bit surprised with the name of the thread considering its content.

Back
Top Bottom