Dragon Age - Steam Preload Confirmed

Dhruin

SasqWatch
After a long period going back and forth, preloading has finally been confirmed for Steam users. From Derek French:
Steam pre-load is a go.

Should start pre-loading world-wide sometime on November 1st.

Local regional unlock days are unchanged. You will be able to get the game on either of November 3rd, 5th, or 6th, depending on the region.

You're welcome.
icon_cool.gif

/me scuttles back into my work-cave
More information.

Already ordered mine from D2D and I'll be able to start the download today at 1 pm Eastern time.:D

A bit annoying that these digital distributions don't have simultaneous release dates throughout the world...

I bought Risen from Steam. It was an aweful experience. No more steam purchases for me.

FYI, Preloading has begun as of 1PM Eastern Time. Downloading my pre-load now :)

A bit annoying that these digital distributions don't have simultaneous release dates throughout the world…

Yeah, we just need to persuade all the retailers to have a worldwide simultaneous release date then we could do digital distributions on the same date too.

FWIW the D/l will only be 8GB, so preloading is not absolutely necessary.

FWIW the D/l will only be 8GB, so preloading is not absolutely necessary.

Well, my Dragon Age folder is already at 12GB, and it hasn't hit 80% yet.

Update: Final install clocked in at 15.3GB

Last edited:
D2D has some sort of delay. Hopefully the release will be on time Tuesday.

Looks like no pre-loading on Impulse. They said earlier that they would start charging credit cards on Monday and that the game *should* be available at 10am Pacific time. They also said the download is around 8 gig and the game expands out to be around 15 gig.

Cool, started the Steam preload a couple fof hours ago and at 50% now.
Still have 3 full days until unlock though as I am in Australia :(

Meanwhile xbox360 "corsairs" have been playing the game for a couple of days already, yet it's pc gaming that piracy is supposed to be killing. . .

That is probably the biggest game for the PC ever and it has great compression at well over 50%. (depending on how much can be compressed)

Well my direct to drive folder is 7.85 gb...tried runnin the setup file and it said it was not compatable with my windows...I think its because it is encrypted still...none of the text files will open either.

Off topic, the character generator is cool...anyone else try it?

Off topic, the character generator is cool…anyone else try it?

Yup, wasn't a lot to it but I do like to take a while to create my characters so I have got that out of the way. I didn't pay a lot of attention to the stats but you can probably change them before going in to the game for real.

Did you manage to make a rugged and handsome male human? I only seem to get human apes and elvish she-males, something in-between would be nice.

Wow - glad that others who paid just as much as I did are able to pre-load and won't have to wait on go live date. Every time I try to pre-load, Steam's servers are over-loaded and "please wait a few hours and try again."

YES, I'M BITTER!! ;)

Did you manage to make a rugged and handsome male human? I only seem to get human apes and elvish she-males, something in-between would be nice.

Yes I did!
Although as I have never been great at art I normally start with a preset head and modify it to my liking.
Here is a link to my Bioware social profile and you can see my 2 characters there (you will need to log in I think):
http://social.bioware.com/profile/10058/
I haven't made a mage yet. Not sure on gender/race.

Wow - glad that others who paid just as much as I did are able to pre-load and won't have to wait on go live date. Every time I try to pre-load, Steam's servers are over-loaded and "please wait a few hours and try again."

YES, I'M BITTER!! ;)

I had the same issue. Yesterday (in Australia) I preloaded to 60% in a few hours. Then I got stuck at the "pre-load starting..." over night but it has just started again now. Still a couple days till I can play anyway.

A manual would be nice to tide me over though.

Okay, so Steam pre-load was pretty useless since their servers are too overloaded to allow you to play the game ... that has already been "pre-loaded".

"Failed to contact key server"

"The Steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes." (I get that message every few minutes :) )

Guess I'll skip future "pre-loads".

Back
Top Bottom