The Witcher 2 - X360 Video, Preview

Do they have the aspect ratio thing fixed yet on PC?

Say goodbye this this series as an PC first game. Once it sells 3 times the amount on the console they will develop mainly with console in mind.

The only thing "PC first" about this game was the release date, and anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. They didnt just wake up one day and decide they'd put it on consoles as well, anyone who plays console games can see the console-friendly design of this game from the get-go. And that's fine, I play both platforms (even tho I do mostly sympathise w/ the PC Master Race), nothings wrong with that as long as they dont fuck up the PC version. It can be done, which I think was on this game.

Last edited:
Say goodbye this this series as an PC first game. Once it sells 3 times the amount on the console they will develop mainly with console in mind.

Will it? They're releasing it in a pretty bad spot and the console audience is traditionally less tolerant of wonky unresponsive combat compared to the PC one. Should be interesting though, and I certainly hope it sells well since CD Projekt has treated its customers fairly so far.

I feel the same way xSamhainx does - TW2 was obviously developed with consoles in mind. The interface is proof of that. Going through a series of menus to drink a single potion? That's consolitis right there.

Well the interface in witcher 1 was also a bit wonky (though I think they also had console ambitions for that game). I'm not overjoyed with the witcher 2 interface (the manual also leaves a lot of things unexplained that imho should be explained) but it is at least playable most of the time. Oh well. it sucks but the number of alternatives are weak. Risen and DKS seem a little better (talking about the interface). Oh well what can I say it sucks (oh i said that already).

Do they have the aspect ratio thing fixed yet on PC?

Nope. There is a workaround "hack" but no official support for 16:10 as of patch 1.2 yet. They said that an official fix will be coming in one of the future patches though so it's only a matter of time.

Nope. There is a workaround "hack" but no official support for 16:10 as of patch 1.2 yet. They said that an official fix will be coming in one of the future patches though so it's only a matter of time.

The last official estimate I heard was "late June". I'd link to it, but it's buried deep down in the replies to one of the multitude of comments under one of their blog posts. Have I mentioned enough times yet that it's extremely annoying that they still don't have any sort of forum up yet? :p

The only thing "PC first" about this game was the release date, and anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

Very true, but then it's a solid game so I don't really care much.

Back
Top Bottom