Witcher 3 The Witcher books

The Witcher 3

Thaurin

SasqWatch
Haven't seen much talk about the books yet. I'm listening to them on audiobook. I've finished The Last Wish, which was alright I guess, as short stories go, but now I'm on the first book of the saga, Blood of Elves.

I have to say, I've listened to a lot of audiobooks--can't seem to really sit down with a physical one that much these days--and I'm really enjoying this one. The dialogue and the characters are just fantastic.

There's some really great humour in them, especially when they're bickering and getting angry with each other over whatever. Triss, Ciri, Geralt, Dandelion, Yennifer, really good stuff so far. And it seems to enhance my overall enjoyment of the game, too. I wish I had started the series sooner.

I've read it up to, somewhere to the middle, I think. Takes a while of getting used to…really odd mix… eastern folklore, science, magic, sex, profanity all around. Definitely enriches the games, even if characters can feel a bit different.
I

Haven't seen much talk about the books yet. I'm listening to them on audiobook. I've finished The Last Wish, which was alright I guess, as short stories go, but now I'm on the first book of the saga, Blood of Elves.

Interesting... IMO Sapkowski's short stories are better than his Witcher books.

You can find all of the books that haven't been translated by a publishing company online translated by fans.

Interesting… IMO Sapkowski's short stories are better than his Witcher books.

Personal preference. I like longer stories better. It allows for deeper character and world development. And I guess I had some difficulty getting used to the stories in The Last Wish, like BoboTheMighty. They kinda read like fairy tales for adults. Maybe I was looking for more background on the characters and the world and I found it in Blood of Elves.

Don't read the full length books yet. Read sword of destiny first since that sort of come after Last Wish and I believe Ciri is first introduced in it.

I really enjoyed the Last Wish. I was waiting for the official translation of Sword Of Destiny (which has been out since end of May on Amazon Kindle at least) before I continued. Once I finish my current book, I'll dive right in. :)

I am reading the sword of destiny fan translation. I didn't find it quite as engaging as the last wish. Could be the quality of the writing/translation. Some of the dialog didn't make sense. Need to get back to it.

Back
Top Bottom