Torchlight?

I had a single hand axe that did 1039 dps, but I got greedy at the enchanter and ruined it. I said a few very naughty words over that one.

My real obsession was gem manufacturing. I'd buy gems after each "run" and I keep my collection in the stash. I keep combining them into better gems. I think I'm up to 3 gems that are level 9 now. Unfortunately, that means I don't "be-gem" my equipment, so I've got a lot of empty sockets.

The other thing I obsessed on was equipment sets. Whether found or bought, I've been stuffing most of those in my community stash. I think I've rounded up a couple dozen pieces now.

For the $10 I paid, this has been a really good game. Not sure my opinion would be the same at $50, but definitely worth every penny I paid for it.

@Desale- I like those shoulder guards. What are they?

Yes I ruined too some nice weapons, this one wasn't really my choice but series of enhancement made it my best. And I use it since many levels.

The last series of posts in this topic made me restart play the game with the character. :)

The gem system really suck, my stash is almost full of this crap, they require to many little manipulation and stocking to get the highest level possible, drops are almost always the lowest quality. Really a bad design detail of the game.

Here the shoulder, I suppose I should have change it since a long time.

BonteMantle.jpg

For me this game worth easily the price I paid, in fact I even bought the box version. But in some way it has many points extremely polished but also many close to be unfinished stuff. Still a great game for me.

EDIT: The sets too is a very bad design point of the game. But it's more classically bad, it's just design that doesn't match well a single player game.

@dte: he looks a LOT better all covered up like that—especially since you can't see his chin. ;) I can see how he would satisfy the deathmurderkill need.

I'll tell you what's bugging me most about the game—identifying every little thing with a scroll. I know there's supposedly a learnable identify spell, but I've yet to find it. Seems like I spend half what an item's worth buying a #!$@ scroll to identify it and sell it.

If there's a learnable ID spell, I haven't seen it. I do have a learnable town portal spell, but no ID.

It's strange you both didn't get the ID scroll, you can see it on the snapshot of my warrior and all characters I made get one. But they always get it first in the magic shop and only later from a drop for two of them.

During first levels of those characters I didn't get any, not sure at what level they get one in a shop.

EDIT: Lol yes until you find one it cuts down a little your gold input. In Din's Curse there's no spell for ID but there's a very nice feature in shops, you can buy for a cheaper price the ID of all items in inventory. Also sell prices are higher in comparison of ID cost.

me and tigress both learned the ID spell by like level 8. You guys must be doing it wrong.

That would drive me crazy id'ing everything via scroll

Wouldn't be the first time. :) I've got two characters past level 16 and no sign of it anywhere, shops or drops. I only learned about it because I went back and read the manual.

Perhaps they don't check often the magic shop. Even in this shop it's rare to get it but not rare enough to not get it during all game.

For the picture, here my rarest catch from fishing, well you can check the wiki to get all possible stuff from fishing but well.

RareFish.jpg

It's respectively :
  • Giant Glooper Gelly / Giant Web Fish / Ordraake Polyp
  • Giant Muckfish / Improbably large Fish (morph in troll for 30s, useless but well) / the left eye
  • Big Tunnel Shark / Big Pocketfish / Big Bog Perch

Back
Top Bottom