KB: Warriors of the North - Available Today

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
1C let us know that Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North is available today.
FROM THE ICY LANDS THEY COME…
King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North Available

MOSCOW, Russia - October 26, 2012 - Leading Eastern and Central European publisher, 1C Company, is thrilled to announce that King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North is available today digitally. The retail version in various languages will follow at a later date depending on local distributors. The game has been released in two editions for PC & Mac, the standard edition, for a suggested price of €29.99 and the special Valhalla Edition selling for €32.99, which includes:
  • Valhalla Armor Set
    These unique in-game items are an armor set the hero can collect in the course of their journeys. Combined together these artifacts give a strong additional boost to the character’s attributes.
  • Digital artwork and wallpapers
    Digital bonuses: Ultra-high resolution artwork depicting an epic battle of Olaf and the Valkyries against undead hordes, and wallpapers available in all popular desktop resolutions.
King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North is the next stand-alone chapter in the hit RPG/adventure saga, and developed by 1C Company’s internal game development studio, together with Lab-13. The new tale takes place in the familiar world of Endoria featured in the previous games, but begins in the Viking lands. A world which the celebrated hero Bill Gilbert never visited during his famous quest in King’s Bounty: The Legend. The Mighty Olaf, son of the Konung of Northlings, has dedicated his life to battling the undead that have infested the northern lands of Endoria. He seeks to liberate the snowy wastes, Dwarven dungeons, and the very heart of Endoria, the kingdom of Darion itself, from the dark grip of necromancy. On his quest towards immortal glory he will encounter cunning foes and new friends, hard battles and amazing adventures.
More information.

Just finishing last level of dishonered and then this game. Cant wait to play !

I'm downloading it right now on Steam, but dunno if I'll make time today to play it. :(
Luckily, I'm not working tomorrow. :D

"Norse theme", not "Nose theme", by the way. And neither "Morse theme", too. ;)

Played it for 11 hours straight now, and getting really sleepy... It's as addicting as ever, but also pretty much the exact same game. Fine by me, though I'm hoping for a sequel at some point.

I haven't read up much on this new version of Kings Bounty, hopefully they ditched the Playskool dragon and brought back the Spirits of Rage chest, I liked that mechanic a lot more.

Downloaded from Steam while I was at work. Just getting ready to check it out. Even if it is just more of the same, I will still like it. That says something - after playing KB:TL, KB:AP, and then playing KB:AP again with the Crossworlds expansion, I still was wanting more. I am usually tired of most games after logging that many hours.

So...the same game with a different theme. Hmmm. I was kind of hoping they would take this one to the next level.

KB is addictive...

Downloaded from Steam while I was at work. Just getting ready to check it out. Even if it is just more of the same, I will still like it. That says something - after playing KB:TL, KB:AP, and then playing KB:AP again with the Crossworlds expansion, I still was wanting more. I am usually tired of most games after logging that many hours.

I'm exactly in the same situation - the first thing I did after finishing KB: The Legend was starting the new game again with a new class. I spent hundreds of hours with The Legend - I finished the game with various classes and on different levels of difficulty 5 times and at the end there were still some aspects of the game didn't discover on my own (i.e. hidden treasures, special spells, artifacts). Same was with Armored Princess and pirates theme and medals for achievements.... Crossworlds was just like a mod and was way too short. I'm sure that Warriors of the North will give me heaps of fun and satisfaction after discovering all hidden treasures and completing all quests.

I'm mixed; I didn't much care for the music in this version (really liked the music in the first two; with the first being the best); also I hate how they add a new race (vikings) and then copy skills from crossworld and extend the effect to viking class; I rather they rework the skills so some skills are orc specific; some viking specific or whatever rather than just copy (to be honest I didn't really like the trend set with crossworld where skills have different effect on different races); anyways the other things I dislike is that you get the pegasus really early so you don't really need to 'explore' the twisty paths and the class and difficulty curve seem more out of whack (early is harder than later game; mage more difficult than skalad - which is down right easy even on impossible).

Back
Top Bottom