Skyrim Mod-Interesting NPC's

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
I've downloaded this and as in most mods that have voice acting there is some pretty bad voices in here. However, overall the voice acting is at least decent and sometimes very good. This mod adds tons of NPC's and they integrate well with the main game. You'll find a dude that hates Nazeem and just wants to rub elbows with the Jarl in Whiterun, he's crazy and fairly funny. This is not anyone that will give you quests or anything, at least as of now, but just one example of using characters already in the game and branching out.

There are also several quests in the game. In fact, the toughest fight I've ever had in Skyrim is a result of following leads on one of these quests. I end up in a mid-sized room with an accomplished wizard Restoration/Destruction with 3 body guards. All of these characters are of your level and seem to have maxed out their primary schools. The only way I could win the fight was to go outside, and let the guards and townspeople distract the enemies while I picked them off one by one. I have a dragon shout that allows me to summon someone from Sovngarde to help in battle, and I needed all of those folks to stay alive long enough to kill the 4 elite enemies. It was fun! I used resurrect to raise all the NPCs after the fight, just in case any are needed later on. I left the imperial soldiers dead, as they'll respawn anyway. 11 townspeople and guards died so that I could get the next piece of information for this quest :D

Good for you.

I'm not adding any mods to this game till all bugs are fixed.

It's a very good mod. It adds a lot of life to the game. It seems like the modding community does a better job with NPC's than the devs do. It was the same with with Oblivion as well.

Good for you.

I'm not adding any mods to this game.

Fixed.

Bethesda doesn't need to fix all the bugs, so they won't. You should uninstall it now and make space on your hard drive for all the perfect games. You can get several of these from Facebook and the apps store for Apple. Bethesda makes massive, complex games that just can't be perfect for everyone.

It's a game though, so it's not necessary for you to play. Instead, you can post in all Bethesda-related threads about how unhappy you are. That's very productive and I'm sure it's good for you, in some way I can't figure out. Carthartic, perhaps?

It's a very good mod. It adds a lot of life to the game. It seems like the modding community does a better job with NPC's than the devs do. It was the same with with Oblivion as well.

No doubt. Dialogue writing just isnt' a strength of the company. I'm very thankful that they are awesome at making games the community can mod!

Great mod, don't play without it.

@joxer as I said in the other thread you are only hurting your game experience by turning your back on the great community content that is available.

If you somehow think your sticking it to Bethesda by not playing their game you already paid them for then more power to ya, I guess.

I can understand your anger toward Bethesda but really, community mods are your friend.

Oooh I missed this one, thanks for posting! Going to download it this weekend and try it out. I use UFO so was nice to see they provided for that. This game just keeps getting better and better :)

Are you using 2.06 or go for broke and get the 2.19 beta?

I'm using the beta and no probs so far, Wolf. I should point out that I just dumped it into an existing game too, as I'm too lazy to start over. I think my Dovah is about level 30-32ish. I've completed main, war, mages, and companions. I never play thieves or murderers guilds, it's just not in my makeup.

I'm probably in the minority but I actually thought Skyrim did a wonderful job making interesting NPCs. I really liked that pretty much every person in the game had at least one interesting thing to say, if not more. That's about as good as I'd expect for a huge game like Skyrim. Of course, if they improve it in the future games I wouldn't mind.

I'm probably in the minority but I actually thought Skyrim did a wonderful job making interesting NPCs. I really liked that pretty much every person in the game had at least one interesting thing to say, if not more. That's about as good as I'd expect for a huge game like Skyrim. Of course, if they improve it in the future games I wouldn't mind.

Agreed... NPCs and the writing in general is a good step above their past couple of games.

I don't know that you'd be in the minority. I think they did a fine job in vanilla skyrim as well but there's nothing wrong with a bunch more npc's. They are fully voiced as well and I think they did a pretty good job at it. I'm not very picky about voice acting though so other opinions will vary.

I haven't had any technical problems with the mod and had I not already put in 300 hours before installing the mod I wouldn't even know which npc's were mod made and which were original.

Just another example of a great job done by the community. If your playing skyrim on pc and your not playing with mods your really missing out imo. After a vanilla play through of course. I always like to play once the way the developers intended it to be but I don't always make it all the way through before falling prey to some great mod.

Agreed… NPCs and the writing in general is a good step above their past couple of games.

Yes, I feel the same, but Interesting NPCs is a brilliant mod, and serves to flesh out some of the game world a bit.

The voice acting for some of the NPCs was terrific, with excellent audio quality, particularly liked Gorr, for example. Some of the NPCs are subtitled only, and I've only come across a few with technical problems in the recorded dialogue. Haven't found any that were poorly acted yet, and in all the cases the writing was very interesting.

One area where I felt the vanilla game can be improved upon with mods is that none of the available followers have story arcs.

Back
Top Bottom