Dragon Fin Soup - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The crowdfunded action RPG Dragon Fin Soup has been released on Steam:

Dragon Fin Soup seamlessly blends genres to create a fresh experience:
half story-driven tactical RPG and half high-stakes roguelike, with a pinch of crass humor and a heaping helping of murder & madness set in a procedurally generated fantasy world.

Meet Red Robin - a charming, yet raging alcoholic bounty hunter, who’d rather get into a bar fight than deliver baked goods. Players must take up Robin’s blades and set out across Asura, a lushly colorful fantasy world that sits on the back of an enormous space turtle, on a journey to discover the secrets of her bloody past.

WARNING!!!
This game is not for the casual player and can be highly addictive.
Dragon Fin Soup contains the following:

• Superfluid turn-based tactical combat
  • Raging alcoholic bounty hunter heroine
  • New procedurally generated world each time you play
  • Mercenaries for hire and awesome pets to collect
  • Over 60+ hours of roguelike gameplay in Story, Survival & Labyrinth modes
Dragon Fin Soup is hand crafted by a 5 person indie development team -
Grimm Bros LLC.
Learn more about Dragon Fin Soup at www.DragonFinSoup.com!
More information.

I couldn't remember why I didn't back it but now when I read it...

Roguelike. LOL

Awsome pets to collect? Yea... Gotta catch 'em all.

Turn-based action RPG, how does that work ?

Gameplay videos show hack & slash mechanism in combat. Maybe the developer thought by displaying a combat log, where sentences follow each other in turn, means the game is turn-based. :) Its not.

Gameplay videos show hack & slash mechanism in combat. Maybe the developer thought by displaying a combat log, where sentences follow each other in turn, means the game is turn-based. :) Its not.

Err, no, it is turn-based.. But the enemy's turns are executed simultaneously which can make it look like combat is real-time.

Mouse and KB are dreadful. I am going to play with a controller today to see if that helps or maybe just KB only as I read that was sort of passable. The devs are listening to feedback and have already sent out a note about the first patch. I should've expected control issues looking at the platforms they are trying to hit which is pretty much everything including iOS and Android...

Back
Top Bottom