What games are you playing now?

Decided to tackle on my backlog and not buying anything until I kill it.
Currently...Resident Evil 0, Capcom haven't lost their touch

Rebecca Chambers: Billy Coen! Stop right there!
Billy Coen: So you know me? Been...fantasizing about me, have you?

This is going to be good. :p

Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II for the PlayStation Vita arrived today, so I abandoned my replay to get started with this one! First one was excellent, looking forward with this!

I'm mostly playing the popular ArmA metagames: celebrate love and hate in sqf scripting language, resolve mod dependency issues, … It's like 10% playing and 90%..something else… taming the beast etc…

Every day ~30 minutes of Obduction, the old Myst vibes are back for me :D

Grim Dawn is nice. Having a little break from it at the moment and spent all Sunday playing the Ghostbusters video game instead with the original cast. Was surprisingly good if short at 9 hours; can't complain for $3 anyways.

I'm 100+ hours into Lords of Xulima on whatever the hardest difficulty setting is called plus the iron man saving limitation. Lots of fun, although I have slowed down a bit now that I have been playing it for a long time. This game confirms what I have known about myself for a while now - I like games with tough combat, incremental rewards, slow but noticeable loot progression, open world... and the story can be take it or leave it. This game has all the stuff I want and a nice story to boot! I hope Numantian Games makes another game ASAP!

L.A. Noire

After Witcher III only game that I'm really enjoying. Cool setting( 1940's... everyone's dressed and walks like a dork with those funny hats( probably to hide those god awful haircuts :p)), you play as a detective, kind of a stiff grasschugger, but fits actually pretty damn well into the game.
Each case is an interesting puzzle and story on it's own, with not too much hand holding around( which you can reduce in menus).
It's a slow burn game... very slow at first, but really hooks you in after a while.
If you've been burned out of typical AAA, or games in general...this is a must play title.
Already my favorite "Rockstar" game to date.

I'm 100+ hours into Lords of Xulima on whatever the hardest difficulty setting is called plus the iron man saving limitation. Lots of fun, although I have slowed down a bit now that I have been playing it for a long time. This game confirms what I have known about myself for a while now - I like games with tough combat, incremental rewards, slow but noticeable loot progression, open world… and the story can be take it or leave it. This game has all the stuff I want and a nice story to boot! I hope Numantian Games makes another game ASAP!

They are apparently in the early stages of developing a sequel (pre-pre-production?). They're taking suggestions for improvements / new features in the Steam discussion forums.

I'm playing Tahira and Expeditions: Conquistador. I still need / intend to finish up Dead State (very near the end) and Wasteland 2 (just got to Cali)

I'm about twenty hours into Witcher Three, just hit level five, and loving it. The exploration is top notch, I don't know when I'll actually get much further on the main quest, having far too much fun just galavanting around the wilderness doing side stuff and finding lewts.

Since we just happened to get a PS4, I played a little of The Division, MK XL, the latest Need for Speed and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD. Otherwise, I'm playing Summoners War on my mobile.

After finishing the Batman Arkham games, I am now continuing my quest to finish up all my currently installed games so I can finally clean-install Win 10 which I actually wanted to do before the free upgrade period ended but never made it. This upgrade install works like a charm though so the clean install is really just for peace of mind rather than a real necessity.

Anyway, the current game on the menu is AC Rogue which I started over a year ago but abandoned for something else. It's hard to get back into it and to find much enjoyment in it after the Batman games.

AC Rogue looks ancient by comparison and its much more limited (open world) gameplay feels even more archaic. Even within the AC series, the very similar Black Flag was the much better game IMHO with a more interesting protagonist (Cap'n Kenway) and sidekicks.

As with Black Flag it is still quite fun to upgrade the ship, do some exploration and I'm still hoping the story gets MUCH better later on. It's not real bad… just fairly mediocre.

AC Rogue looks ancient by comparison and its much more limited (open world) gameplay feels even more archaic. Even within the AC series, the very similar Black Flag was the much better game IMHO with a more interesting protagonist (Cap'n Kenway) and sidekicks.

As with Black Flag it is still quite fun to upgrade the ship, do some exploration and I'm still hoping the story gets MUCH better later on. It's not real bad… just fairly mediocre.
Kenway better than Shay?!
Black Flag better than Rogue?!
AC4 sidekicks? Is that a joke? I wonder if you played AC3, because if you didn't, no wonder you don't recognize anyone in Rogue.

But… Different tastes I guess. AC4 was one of the most boring games I've played. Rogue wasn't.
As for the story, Rogue is supposed to be a bridge between AC3 and AC:Unity.

I think I'm finally done with No Man's Sky after 101 hours. Got well over 100 screenshots and even a few videos but the only things left to do now are total grinds. Time to put it down… until Ansel support shows up!

Next up: Witcher 3

Just now getting into the Witcher 3, after having bought it on release. So far I love the story-telling and in-story C&C, though I wish there were more out of story solutions to problems. Anyway, I can tell that it's a good one, so I went ahead and bought the expansions so I can play them before completing the main quest too. While I loved the Skyrim look and feel a tad more than the world of the Witcher 3, I think this game is much more up my alley. I played through the first Witcher but not the second, so I may go back and do that as well.

Kenway better than Shay?!

Yes. Miles better. Kenway was a badass and a bit of a shady guy with unclear motives. A pretty interesting character IMHO.
Shay is... well, how do you put this in politically correct terms... well, he might be attracted to specimen of the same sex more than the opposite sex :biggrin: . Just the way he looks and talks with that nasal voice... a pretty meh-ish main character.

Black Flag better than Rogue?!

Much better but I think it might depend a little on the order you play the games. Didn't you play Rogue first and BF later? I played BF first and Rogue afterwards so there was no novelty for me with the ship stuff etc.
I also liked BF's setting better. The Caribbean and the gameplay which felt like a modern 3D version of Pirates! sometimes was more appealing to me than Rogue's North Atlantic and River Valley setting.

AC4 sidekicks? Is that a joke? I wonder if you played AC3, because if you didn't, no wonder you don't recognize anyone in Rogue.

No joke at all. I thought that BF had some genuinely interesting characters that fit in perfectly with the Caribbean pirate setting like Captain Kidd (nice surprise twist, too), Blackbeard, Anne Bonny, Stede Bonnet, Adewale, Charles Vane and Aveline.

I also played all AC games in chronological order around xmas 2014 all the way up to Black Flag. AC3 was one of the weakest games in the series with whiny and annoying Connor. I only finished that game because I wanted to see the conclusion of the Desmond Miles storyline. Other than that I found it to be pretty horrible after the excellent AC2 and the decent Revelations and Brotherhood.

But… Different tastes I guess. AC4 was one of the most boring games I've played. Rogue wasn't.

Yes, definitely different tastes :) . I believe I would like Rogue a lot more if I had not played Black Flag before it. Rogue feels like a downgrade in all aspects, also graphically, even though it came out later.
I will still finish it but I'm pretty burned out on AC games in general. There are way better open world action games these days (like the Batman series). It will be quite some time before I am going to continue with Unity and Syndicate.

This winter will be Witcher 3 GOTY time for me. I'm planning on picking up the GOTY first sale this fall on Steam, i.e. either Halloween, Black Friday or Xmas at the very latest. I have already purchased this awesome guide and I'm really looking forward to many epic long winter nights with that masterpiece!

I envy all you guys who are playing (or will be playing) Witcher 3 for the first time. I expect my replay will be a lot of fun since I haven't played the DLCs yet, but the first time is always the best. :)

I haven't done any gaming the last two weeks because I was on vacation. I purchased some new games though as soon as I got back, including Ember, Halcylon 6, and the Titan Quest remaster.

I played Halcyon 6 for about an hour and was impressed. It seems like a lot of fun, but I'm going to put it to the side for now because I read that the devs are adding more content in the future.

I think I'm going to give Ember a shot and then return to my Arcanum playthrough.

I haven't been playing anything for the last 3 weeks. Next week my new system will be in and I think I am going to give TW3GOTY and see how the new system handles it.

Majesty 2, one of those fun (albeit slightly frustrating) classics

Like Dungeon Keeper and DK2, i will always be torn on which is better: 2D original game or 3D sequel?

Last edited:
NBA 2K16 on PC. Don't have 2K17 yet, but man, the advances they are making in A.I. are just impressive, even in last year's game. Played a few games against the CPU and depending on the difficulty level, they will bust your ass! Not in a cheesy way, either, just by playing smart basketball. Lovely stuff.

Back
Top Bottom