Original Sin EE - Playtesters Wanted

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The public playtesting of Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition starts at 29th of July. You do need to be present in their office, so it's more for someone close to them, like me, although I'm not going...

We’ve just returned from showing Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition at E3 and you already want more! Apparently it’s not enough to watch gaming celebrities adventure through Rivellon: you want to get in and get your gauntlets dirty. Well, we admire your determination, so we’re delighted to invite whatever brave testers can make it to our HQ in Ghent, Belgium, to grapple with the game. If you can get to Larian Studios, we’d love you to come over and try out new our gameplay modes, rewritten story, and brand new quests!

– We will start public playtesting Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition in our Ghent office on the morning of June 29th, and will carry on until July 10th.

– Interested? Just mail playtesting@larian.com with your name, age (18+ only), email address and previous experience with Divinity: Original Sin for a chance to see the Enhanced Edition before anyone else!

– Players must be available for one full day between June 29th and July 10th.

– Players are required to be in the office for a full day, arriving at 10:00 and leaving at 16:00.

– All testing will take place using console controllers.

We hope to see you soon, Source Hunters!
More information.

Perhaps somebody could try it and give us a review? :) Or is it all under NDA?

Perhaps somebody could try it and give us a review? :) Or is it all under NDA?

Not sure what would be NDA worthy? Its not like we don't know what happens already :)

Myrthos... really? you passing up this opportunity?

Myrthos… really? you passing up this opportunity?
Yeah, don't have the time. Perhaps they are at Gamescom or I can visit them later.

Would love to give it a twirl but sadly don't have the budget for any trips this summer.

All testing on consoles..makes me curious about the PC versions testing.

That is not what they say. All testing will be done on console controllers. It doesn't say whether testing will be on consoles, PCs or both

Yeah I'm sure they got the PC version nailed. Their biggest challenge is to port this game to consoles and make it just as great as the PC release for the console peasants ;) .
This is a great way of testing IMHO. They should get a very wide sample range of gamers with varying levels of PC and console gaming experience (and also experience with the PC version of D:OS in particular). They will probably monitor closely how long it takes gamers to get used to using a controller and how people cope with the coop split screen experience which seems to be (one of) their main selling points on console.

Back
Top Bottom