DA:O Those little details I Ha..hahem… dislike a lot

Dragon Age: Origins

Dasale

SasqWatch
Well great game but perhaps that highlight even more the irritating little details.

Here my own list of little details I dislike a lot:
  • Components price in shops that cost more than the item you build with them.
  • Classes specializations managed as game success you unlock.
  • Camera limits jumping from standard position to a useless tactical position where "suddenly" you cannot change direction and camera angle.
  • Dialogs with still many more options that are suddenly closed because you choose one option and not another.
  • PC that complain or whine when I unselect them in the party selection panel.
  • DLC.
  • Not having more auto pause options during fights.
  • Romances crap one more time.
  • Stupid evil choices that don't match well the general story.
  • PC that stop doing anything during a fight.

Well great game but perhaps that highlight even more the irritating little details.

[*]Dialogs with still many more options that are suddenly closed because you choose one option and not another.

I really, really hated that one as well.

•PC that complain or whine when I unselect them in the party selection panel.
Oh? I liked that part!

I've liked the DLC, too. Warden's Keep was the only one I had to pay for and it was a nice addition. Definitely not needed (even though I thought I would need that chest, I ended up selling practically everything I put in there) but fun and fairly cheap.

I'm not sure what you're talking about with respect to camera angles. Those did get hairy at times when there was a lot of overhead stuff blocking the camera but I don't remember it ever getting stuck.

I'm not sure what you're talking about with respect to camera angles. Those did get hairy at times when there was a lot of overhead stuff blocking the camera but I don't remember it ever getting stuck.

While you are completely zoomed out, you can only move the camera forward, back or sideways on a 2-D plane; you cannot pan it in a 3-D mode anymore like you can while zoomed closer.

Yes different sell shop prices is boring stuff, no I didn't notice but I check buy price and they was same when I check different shops.

The DLC system bore me but I agree the warden keep is good, it should have been in the original game or through a full xp, not through a crap DLC system. This time I didn't think much but next time it will be no or we will end will 100€ games. I'll let kids end with 100€ games but myself I will not and will look very closely before to buy any game with a DLC system.

Publicity and direct payment inside game is not sane and a clear exploitation of people weakness. In fact this should be forbidden by law.

For the cam, yes that's what explain RivianWitch plus the boring detail that it involves no command to reset the cam at max high where you really control the cam and not a fake cam alternative.

Publicity and direct payment inside game is not sane and a clear exploitation of people weakness. In fact this should be forbidden by law.

+1

100% guaranteed to break immersion or your money back.

+1

100% guaranteed to break immersion or your money back.

Besides, if you don't buy it you'll have to stand having the guy stand there with a shining exlamation mark over his head proclaiming that you ought to talk to him to get his quest. Major annoyance that too.

Übereil

And I forgot in the list, inventory management, such a boring stuff, no inventory limit damit, that's now an obvious standard to avoid crap inventory management.

I'm right now stuck in mage tower, inventory full and no way to make free place, but I don't mention all the crap I have to did in general to manage this.

You can always go back to the tower later, to pick up the loot you left behind. Just don't pick it up, because you cannot put loot down, only destroy it, once you've picked it up.

Buy yourself extra backpacks from vendors for extra space in your inventory.

You can always go back to the tower later, to pick up the loot you left behind. Just don't pick it up, because you cannot put loot down, only destroy it, once you've picked it up.

Buy yourself extra backpacks from vendors for extra space in your inventory.

Imo this is an area where DA could have been a LOT better. Why not allow us to drop items, or place them in chests?!

It doesn't make any sense that a game released in 2009 would be missing a gameplay mechanic that's been popular since the late 90s.

One more: Magic attack through walls or doors, enemy don't even need seem my character. Very very tedious, perhaps a bug if not then it's a design bug.

Imo this is an area where DA could have been a LOT better. Why not allow us to drop items, or place them in chests?!

It doesn't make any sense that a game released in 2009 would be missing a gameplay mechanic that's been popular since the late 90s.

Well myself I prefer unlimited inventory as did the latest of the smartest CRPG. :biggrin:

Also quote that this sort of stuff was carefully managed in BG2 even if you could have trouble with inventory anyway. One thing I feel also better designed in BG2 than in DAO was the adapted difficulty. In fact I prefer BG1 only because of the characters and the story writing, everything else was better in BG2.

On thing that did DAO (a thread should really need to be opened to highlight all the tiny innovation (or rarely used features)) that's just one inventory for the whole team, very good design decision. With unlimited that would have been perfect.

Things that annoy me:

Sifting thru a pile of treasure (actual pile of gold) and only finding an old leather helmet.

Picking a lock on a chest deep in a hard dungeon only to find an old leather helmet. I believe I wasted points on lockpicking.

Having to pick up EVERYTHING in order to sell it so I can maybe buy something decent.

The like/dislike system, I care not (dislike).

Talents that are almost useless. Is there a way to respec yourself?

Long dungeons, I prefer shortish ones.

I tend to play games without using addons that I consider cheating but this game made me load up armor and weapons and now its almost fun.

The story so far is GREAT (two of the main quests down) but some of the gameplay is just blah. I'll force myself to continue tho as I do like the story.

Things I disliked:
- Too much crap loot forcing me to go through my inventory to see what to drop every few minutes. Solution: Have crafting components not take space
- Skill assignment inflexibility: Let me build a companion from scratch when I meet them (have their specializations like Blood Mage pre-assigned, but let me assign the rest)
- Tactic slot list tied to the skills. Let me 'fully program' every companion's behavior.
- Pets dying upon zoning.
- DLC

Back
Top Bottom