Welcome - introduce yourself!

Hello folks! Names CBSA82, I am a lover of all things RPG (JRPG, SRPG, Dungeon RPG, ect) and recently became a reviewer for the Indie Review site Vox Ludicus. I actually found this site because of the traffic you guys generated for my first review for the game StarCrawlers a few days ago. Since then I have browsed the site a bit and finally decided to join.

I am an older guy, been gaming since the days of the Atari 2600, but mostly on the PC since 1994 where I started with Betrayal at Krondor (still a favorite of mine). I also have played a variety of board games, tabletop RPGS (and have been DMing since the early 90s), CCGs and TCGs, and even Miniature Wargames like Warmachine. I game. A LOT.

So yea, HI! Hopefully I can use this site to help fuel my review options haha

Welcome, person with the complicated name, and have fun!

Welcome and enjoy yourself here.

Hi there, fellow roleplayers. I discovered CRPGs and computer games in general pretty late, when I was 18, because we didn't own a computer or console when I was a child. When I started, Baldur's Gate 2 was brand new, so I know my share of classics anyway. From 2001 to 2006 there was a time when I had played almost every more or less importent new CRPG out there.
After that followed a time of endless waiting till I could afford a better computer. Now I'm desperately trying to catch up again, but without much success. I blame it on GoG, because they sell so many good games from the 90s which I haven't played yet.

I hope the community here will help me to keep my motivation. So maybe someday I will get to say "I have finished almost all of them" again.

Why? Because I love CRPGs. There are so many different combat systems and worlds, it never gets boring. I have saved so many virtual worlds, survived so many adventures and met interesting characters.

The one thing about CRPGs that is most important to me are the stories. I blame it on my reading. Actually, books are probably another reason why I don't get to finish my games, but I love a good book more than my computer, so I don't mind.

Welcome Adventuress! I am sure you'll fit very well here! And we'll do our best to make sure you play every RPG possible!

Welcome to RPGwatch Adventuress!

In case you havent seen it yet, RPGCodex did a pretty good job in making a list of the top 70 RPGs. I think that's a pretty good start to catch up with old ones. Of course you can still filter out games which don't fit your taste. ^^
Personally I wouldn't go to the pre-90s era. Call me spoiled, but I need my VGA graphics. ^^
http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9453

But one Game which does not show up in their list and which I would recommend is Stonekeep. A Dungeon Crawler with more story than most of the others.
And to saturate your reading needs the game even includes a small book (about 120 pages). It's actually also included as pdf in the gog version.

Adventuress, the story is my most important thing too.
And I can say is that you came to the right place. Welcome aboard.

Welcome to the community, Adventuress and CBSA82! :)

Welcome, Adventuress! I hope we can help you find new RPG addictions. :)

Story is important to me but I think I have different expectations than some people do. My two favorite games of the past year are Pillars of Eternity (I love the story, the whole animancer/soul-technology plot) and Age of Decadence (Almost Lovecraftian Elder Gods pulling strings of mere mortals? yes please!) - though I heard a lot of people weren't impressed with the PoE story. I loved it!

Oh and hello!

High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern
Hi!

I'm Simon, and I finally joined this lovely community after 9 years of following (yeah, took me a while lol). Had small issues with registration, maybe answers to secret questions were incorrect (Snowwhite didn't ate poisonous apple haha). Anyway, I'm glad I'm here, as huge RPG fan I'm watching this site on daily basis, and a lot of topics are getting covered. Back at the start, there were just a few lol.

Other than that, there is nothing much to say, playing less games than I used to before in my younger days, but occasionally pick up something to mess around with. My fav games are Fallout 1&2 and Planescape:Torment (and games from that era).

Thanks for accepting me :)

Welcome to RPGWatch, Simon! I'm glad you finally managed to get past the gates. :)

Welcome Simon :party:
I hope you don't need several years for your next post ... :)

Most Watchers like Fallout 1 & 2 and Planescape: Torment, so that is not a bad start.

Welcome, Simon! I'm curious: what made you decide to register after nine years? :)

Back
Top Bottom