Lords of Xulima - Available Now on Steam

Soo…what did you play? ^^

Off the top of my head.. Risen 3, The Last of Us, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, Outlast: Whistleblower, Blackguards, Paper Sorcerer, Bioshock 2, LoG 2, and various demos and Betas including LoX and Divinity, although I didn't spend much time with those Betas. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few games though. :)

I'm playing Valkyria Chronicles now.

When this game was in early access the community impressions seemed mixed, now people are apparently digging it. You guys think it's worth a buy, what's its closest comparison (s) ?

I don't really think it was or is very mixed. It's mostly positive. However it's for a limited audience, I'd say. While it's RPG it's not for every Roleplayer. You need to like the strong focus on combat. Now if you always play RPGs on easy, and play it just for the story you will probably not have a lot of fun with the game.

So if you like an old school experience with challenging combat, I would definitely recommend it. Just don't expect an overwhelming story and handholding.

How is exploration?

I can't stop playing it....so thats a really good sign.

Exploration is like old school rpg's....there is a lot of it.

Lots of exploration. But no exploration just by "running around" like in skyrim but by killing enemies all over the place like in M&M

Lots of exploration. But no exploration just by "running around" like in skyrim but by killing enemies all over the place like in M&M

You sayin' it's not "exploring" to find another dragon that respawned over Mage's guild, but is a proper exploration?

You sayin' it's not "exploring" to find another dragon that respawned over Mage's guild, but is a proper exploration?

If there is a difference between exploration and exploring I am not aware of it (not a native english speaker) but I just wanted to mention that the exploring/exploration is different. :)

Forget words, concentrate on quotes.
"Exploring" and exploring are different. ;)

No one told me it was all about the combat.

Back
Top Bottom