Pillars of Eternity - Live Beta from Gamescom

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I am looking forward to this more than any other RPG.

Monday...monday is when I get to play a few minutes of the game. Just a few minutes, to look if the crazy amount of money I put in that game was worth it. I'm not that much into betas.

Also, 70+ hours in D:OS, I need a new game...

Got an afternoon ticket (lucky me !) and was able to play this game.

Wow ! - It looks - graphically speaking - like an 98 % Baldur's Gate clone !
This means that to most players there won't be any tutorial needed ;) because they'll already feel at home there. ;)

New was the "Amauna" race, which I think might be some feline race (like the name suggests for German ears), but I'm not completely sure about that …

I liked the new fantasy setting very much ! It felt to me like some kind of Baldur's Gate Forgotten Realms setting mixed with something entirely new.

BG lovers will love this game as well, I suppose. ;)

This is actually the game I'm looking forward most, apart from the "Bernd, das Brot" adventure game, perhaps the "Batman : Beyond Gotham" Lego game, and perhaps "Dragon Fin Soup", as well.
Pillars Of Eternity will most likely comne in a box / as a boxed game, "but you must order it from the Paradox Interactive web site", the female helper (sorry, I've forgotten her name ) told me.

Sounds great! :)

It starts around 1:05 now... looks really good... whoever's getting backer beta, have fun!

Yeah, find all the bugs, so I can have a good time when I start playing! :D

The one quip I have (and I understand why they did it) is no exp from combat. Well maybe combat will give you items.
-
I do understand their reasoning and it is logical but from a gameplay perspective I always like that 'one more combat to level up' feeling.

I do understand their reasoning and it is logical but from a gameplay perspective I always like that 'one more combat to level up' feeling.

You're going to have the 'one more quest to level up' feeling in POE.

Back
Top Bottom