Skyrim Crazy big battles

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator
(not the siege ones)

I was on my way to meet someone for a quest when I noticed a dragon off in the distance ahead of me attacking something. I hurried along and arrived to find that the dragon was battling the people I was supposed to meet. During the battle they had drifted off into a nearby rather large Forsworn camp.

So when I joined the battle we had:

Me plus my follower plus the frost atronach she had summoned.
The people I was supposed to meet plus the frost atronach one of them summoned.
The entire forsworn encampment plus the frost atronach one of THEM summoned.
And the dragon.

Oh, and apparently I ran by some mudcrabs on the way and they eventually joined in too.

With 3 spell casters there was lightning and fireballs and frost spikes flying all over the place. It was hard to keep track of who was who and I think I hit people on my side as often as the "bad" guys.

I had a fun dragon battle in Riften. There are several towers with guards and they all came down and started shooting at the dragon. The two guys from the stables came out to help and a bunch of Spiders joined the fray too. I'd say there were 15-20 total beings, but I was the only spellcaster in the group, so my battle wasn't quite as hectic as yours. The dragon's corpse had about 6 different arrow types in his body :)

Note to all Frost Dragons, don't attack Nords. They laugh at your breath "weapon".

@BillSeurer: Okay, I guess I know where you were and who you were with. We got sidetracked there, too.

I ran into that same quest people+forsworn+dragon battle during the MQ, it kind of felt like an accidental schmorgasborg. I wonder if I had accompanied the quest npcs to that place whether there would have been some dialog leading up to it ("Hey, that camp is busy fighting the dragon, let's take advantage!")

It wasn't related to any quest I was on at the time, but I had a similar experience far out in the wilds of the Reach. I saw a couple of orc hunters fighting each other while some strangely friendly Forsworn stood around watching them. A bit further on I came across a small group of Imperials. When a dragon appeared as I climbed a nearby mountain, everyone swarmed to give it an epic smackdown when it landed next to the battling orcs. I've got no idea why so many different groups spawned so close to each other, why the orcs were fighting, or why the Forsworn were friendly. Very odd all around!

I ran into an Elder Dragon battling a troll and some Imperial guards...obviously the Elder Dragon won so it was up to me to take it down...boy was that a battle. Much tougher then other dragons. What is the highest level dragon? My character is at level 43. Hopefully someone can mod in an ultimate sort of Dragon.

The best part of these crazy battles is hearing the bandits trash talk the dragon.

"You picked the wrong place to get lost, friend!"

Back
Top Bottom