Skyrim - v1.8 Beta Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Bethblog notes a v1.8 Beta Update for Skyrim is now available on Steam:
BUG FIXES

• General memory and stability improvements
  • Fixed rare crash when using vampiric grip
  • Fixed issue where Arnleif and Sons Trading Company could become permanently locked
  • Fixed issue related to duplicate NPCs
  • Fixed rare issue where exterior door would not open properly
In addition to Steam, this update will later arrive on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. As we have new details on Skyrim content development, we’ll let everyone know.
More information.

Still no fixes to quest bugs. Astounding that such simple fixes are still not done. Well, maybe not when compared to their record on previous ES games....

So 10 months later they fixed the duplicating guy outside of Whiterun?
Epic patch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wonder how many of these have already been fixed by the unofficial patch? More importantly, I wonder how many issues this new patch will create. There doesn't seem to be any mention of the dialogue bug introduced by 1.7(?). Although afaik that bug only affects mods so might not even be on their list at all.

So 10 months later they fixed the duplicating guy outside of Whiterun?
Epic patch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

This is definetly rediculous, a retarded monkey would be able to patch those quest issues in almost a year time, what are they thinking? Who cares for vampiric grip rare crash, we restart the game and voila. But bugged quests won't solve by restarting!

For anyone interested - the good people on the Skyrim official boards have found some files added in the 1.8 patch that hint at a DLC location. Solstheim. Yes, the same Solstheim from the Bloodmoon expansion for Morrowind. Who knows if it's true, but it's interesting to see what they found.

They found files that said things like Solstheim locations, Bonemold armor, Chitin armor, Nordic armor, Telvanni wizard tower, Raven Rock, etc. If you go on the official Bethesda forums you can read more about it. Here is a link to the current thread on it - http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1417237-18-beta-update-solsthiem-dlc-hintsagain/

Beat the game almost a year ago, haven't seen any interesting expansions yet at all. Would really be nice to see at least one worthy expansion to this game, as I really enjoyed playing it at the time. The efforts I've seen at new content to Skyrim to date have been embarassing, imo.

-Carn

With Bethesda games its best to wait at least 2 years for mods to fix it. The games they release usually have a few things I cant stand on release so I wait for mods to fix them. With Oblivion it was level scaling and with Skyrim it was mostly the conslish UI. I played Oblivion in like 2010 and it was great with tons of mods.

Only played maybe 40 hours of Skyrim, just waiting for mod mods to improve it. Same thing with Fallout 3.

Yay to Solthseim though. I had hoped that the narrative threads they put in alluding to the importance/changes to Solthseim were hinting that it would be one of the expansions.

I've been following this DLC leak over at Bethesda's official forums, and it's just amazing how much information has been discovered by those guys. Apparently, the Daedric plane of Apocrypha will be in the DLC. Apocrypha is the realm of Hermaeus Mora. From what I remember of the lore, Apocrypha it is an endless library of ancient and dangerous knowledge. The books are all untitled and can trap a man's mind by reading them. It's a very dangerous realm.

Also, netches and scribs are in. This could mean the Dunmer now occupying Solstheim are farming them, or that some part of Morrowind will be explorable. There is also a Telvanni tower where you can float up or float down the different levels.

If you guys want more information just check out the official Bethesda forums. Can't wait to get an official announcement on this.

Apocrypha then? Its not just a story?

If you read a book in Skyrim called "The Doors to Oblivion", you can read about a wizard who was able to create doors to the various realms of the Daedric princes, and he spent some time in Apocrypha, but I believe he got trapped there, never to be seen again. I don't remember the story exactly, but I know Apocrypha is a real Daedric realm and not just a story.

Whether or not Apocrypha will be an explorable realm in the upcoming DLC remains to be seen, but from what the people on the Skyrim boards have found, it appears that Bethesda has added quite a few pieces of "Apo" events, scripts, books, etc, to the game with the 1.8 patch. So it seems likely that this will be added in a future DLC. Also a "HM Daedra" was added, which probably stands for Hermaeus Mora. There's more too, just check the official forums.

Bugs in Skyrim seem to be split in terms of who experiences them though. I've gone through about 200 hours and have only experienced very minor glitches (Louis Letrush cloning himself outside of Whiterun, some quest items staying in my inventory and not disposable even after the quest is done, etc). Some people have experienced even less, from what I've read on Bethesda's forums. Some have experienced more too, obviously. I guess it depends on how lucky you get. I would say I got very lucky that my play-through was pretty much what is expected of a normal game these days. I suppose the same cannot be said of everyone's experience though.

Bugs in Skyrim seem to be split in terms of who experiences them though. I've gone through about 200 hours and have only experienced very minor glitches (Louis Letrush cloning himself outside of Whiterun, some quest items staying in my inventory and not disposable even after the quest is done, etc). Some people have experienced even less, from what I've read on Bethesda's forums. Some have experienced more too, obviously. I guess it depends on how lucky you get. I would say I got very lucky that my play-through was pretty much what is expected of a normal game these days. I suppose the same cannot be said of everyone's experience though.

Luck does have something to do with it as far as individual user experiences go, particularly since some of the nastiest bugs have to do with whether or not radiant story scripting for one quest/event creates creates a conflict with another quest/event. Whether that is the case for an individual player often has to do with the specific order AND timing in which they pursue things, discover locations, and complete quest stages. I do still find it confounding that these potentials for bugs in particular have not been squashed by patches (outside of fan patches) since they are both the most problematic and some of the simplest to fix - in general though not in all cases.

For anyone interested - the good people on the Skyrim official boards have found some files added in the 1.8 patch that hint at a DLC location. Solstheim. Yes, the same Solstheim from the Bloodmoon expansion for Morrowind. Who knows if it's true, but it's interesting to see what they found.

They found files that said things like Solstheim locations, Bonemold armor, Chitin armor, Nordic armor, Telvanni wizard tower, Raven Rock, etc. If you go on the official Bethesda forums you can read more about it. Here is a link to the current thread on it - http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1417237-18-beta-update-solsthiem-dlc-hintsagain/

Hopefully this will amount to an expansion pack scoped DLC. :)

If this happened I'd be sooooo happy.

Back
Top Bottom