Dungeon Siege 3 - Review @ Suicide Girls

First off, top down ARPGs are my favorite type of games , so i have high hopes when they are released every couple of years .2nd i loved DS1 and 2 . But 3 lacks a quality that you can only obtain when created for PC. I will pick up DS3 , but yet another game devovled for the console.

They can, but at least for certain (sub)genres it would be rather stupid, loss of customers and all that.
If they do it though, they should clearly inform about that and I don´t see a controller among recommended requirements for DS3.
I´m pretty sure that after the demo feedback Obsidian realized it was a misstep and they´ll try to patch it in some manner.

Control issues aside, if I´d been interested in the game I think the real killer for me would be available camera angles.

See someone agrees I dont see on the box or information that a controller is required for optimal play. I dont care if you play with a controller with many games its an option. Misinformation at its finest but people will keep saying it fine. Why do I bother. Im just going to stop since we keep just going in circles.

So, because they're an optional peripheral - people should be expected to buy and use them in a game that would work perfectly with mouse/kb?

Are you seriously suggesting that Obsidian did what they could to make the mouse/kb controls work well?

Of course not.

There are two different arguments going on here. My statement about Dungeon Siege 3 specifically was that I'm easy going, I'll just plug my xbox pad in and play it that way. As long as the game is good I try not to be picky. Yes, they should have done a better job on the PC controls and menus, certainly.

The second comment about controllers being a part of PC gaming from the start was directed to couch potato's comment that he never uses controllers and playing with a controller means I might as well play on xbox, or whatever he said. That's a silly statement. Like I said controllers have been a part of PC gaming from the start and there have always been games on the PC that really need a controller to be played well. DS3 should not be one of them, but any racing game or platformer certainly is.

If they do it though, they should clearly inform about that and I don´t see a controller among recommended requirements for DS3.

If they did not mention the possibility of use controllers somewhere on their back box, it is misinformation.

Of course not.

There are two different arguments going on here. My statement about Dungeon Siege 3 specifically was that I'm easy going, I'll just plug my xbox pad in and play it that way. As long as the game is good I try not to be picky. Yes, they should have done a better job on the PC controls and menus, certainly.

The second comment about controllers being a part of PC gaming from the start was directed to couch potato's comment that he never uses controllers and playing with a controller means I might as well play on xbox, or whatever he said. That's a silly statement. Like I said controllers have been a part of PC gaming from the start and there have always been games on the PC that really need a controller to be played well. DS3 should not be one of them, but any racing game or platformer certainly is.

Well, that makes your position a lot more reasonable :)

Back
Top Bottom