Deus Ex 3 - Feature Summary

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Badesumofu writes in with this GameSpy summary of known info for Deus Ex 3. Much of it is based on a forum post from a moderator on the Eidos boards back in December, so I'm not sure of the reliability. Fingered crossed:
--Non-linear, multi-path, multi-solution gameplay.
--Different ways to solve any objective depending on your play style (social, hacking, stealth or action).
--Character and weapon customization.
--Action/RPG just like the first game.
--Choices and consequences.
--A semi-open world approach to levels and missions.
--An inventory system similar to DX1.
--It's not a sandbox. It's not totally linear. It's like the best of both of those approaches.
--Random explorable elements with earned experience points.
--Global travel.
More information.

<looks for unified ammunition> Nope? So far so good.

Action/RPG just like the first game.
Can you cross more fingers than you have? That almost sounds like a wishlist. If even half of those things are true, the skill and talent systems would be the only things I'd still be worried about.

Sounds too good to be true.
I actually don't believe a word of it.

I just hope it doesn't have those horrible, claustrophobic little zones... Most of the other 'features' of Invisible War were tolerable.

And a "hint" of consolization just to spice it up!

But we'll see. Don't have too high hopes after DX2.

The tiny zones won't happen, I'm sure.

The reason they happened with DX2 was the limited memory of the Xbox. That's basically the ONLY reason - trust me.

I'm generally trustworthy, if nothing else ;)

The developers admitted as much themselves, though, and I think you can find a video on youtube where they're talking about why DX2 developed into what it did.

Anyway, if they actually keep the complexity of the first game, I will be pleasantly surprised.

I doubt that, but I'm certain the levels won't be like DX2.

I'm expecting a "modern" AAA remake - which means forgiving gameplay with no actual challenge for the brain.

But lots of neat toys and great visuals might make it a decent experience.

The story-aspect can go either way, really.

The tiny zones won't happen, I'm sure.

The reason they happened with DX2 was the limited memory of the Xbox. That's basically the ONLY reason - trust me.

Ya i read somewhere they are just releasing a PC version, which (fingers crossed) may indicate its going to have some depth and complexity.

Ya i read somewhere they are just releasing a PC version, which (fingers crossed) may indicate its going to have some depth and complexity.

I'd be surprised if this isn't being released for consoles as well.

VERY surprised.

I'd be surprised if this isn't being released for consoles as well.

VERY surprised.

Absolutely agree ... and my cynical side says that the more they push the Deus Ex #1 connection, the more console-centric it will be ... :(

Well, it can't be much worse than #2 ... certainly can't be more disappointing since I won't let my hopes get too high ...

Well, personally I hope it does come to consoles. I played Invisible War and wondered what all the fuss was about. Felt very cold to me. I'd like to give the series another shot, though.

Back
Top Bottom