Un-f-ing believable Square-Enix (Nosgoth)

I must be dreaming. And it must be a nightmare. Because I did not just see the lore-story-game-series milking that I just saw. I can't believe they're actually doing a multi-player only game around Nosgoth, the setting for the Legacy of Kain series , the series with the best storyline found in a video game. And they're doing a multiplayer only game in this. What the fuck is going on.

I mean, who the hell is going to be playing this? It looks mediocre at best. And why rape a frachise as beloved as the Legacy of Kain. The guy that greenlit this should be fired on the spot.

Anyways, see for yourselves, and try to hold the tears back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbpMhMfnTuQ

Why are you surprised?
I've posted already that Square Enix is one inch close to sit on the throne EA currently occupies - the worst gaming company. Although that was not related to this news.

The thing is simple. All those publishers care for is profit. No, they don't care is it fun. No, they don't care if you'll regret spending your money on the product. No, they don't care if the product is bugged. QA? Patching bugs? Support? What's that? That only generates costs.

GothicGothicness is right with boycotting games coming from a certain publisher. We should all do the same. And then they'll be able to con only their mother. The problem is - we're the minority. So we'll still buy games, but not just any. Instead, we'll concentrate more on indies. And thank god on Kickstarter.

Why are you surprised?
I've posted already that Square Enix is one inch close to sit on the throne EA currently occupies - the worst gaming company. Although that was not related to this news.

The thing is simple. All those publishers care for is profit. No, they don't care is it fun. No, they don't care if you'll regret spending your money on the product. No, they don't care if the product is bugged. QA? Patching bugs? Support? What's that? That only generates costs.

GothicGothicness is right with boycotting games coming from a certain publisher. We should all do the same. And then they'll be able to con only their mother.

That's just it, if you want profits you have to have brains to make those profits. Who exactly do they think they will be targeting with this game. Fans of the series are already in an uproar because of this travesty, and won't touch it with a ten-foot pole. Players that never played the series won't buy it because they hear its in the LOK setting. This effectively benefits no one. All they'll get is bad press.

The only thing that could save it if it was actually good, which we don't know yet. But if its good it'll stand on its own. What I mean to say is that I'm absolutely sure no one will play it because it's in the Nosgoth setting. It's just a bad decision imo. They'd have a better chance to just go with a generic vampire setting, and not bear any resemblance to LOK.

Oh, well …. I'm just amazed at the brains it took to greelight this. Do they actually have no idea what people want?

BTW, for anyone not aware, there were 10 Legacy of Kain games cancelled so far. Some guy did one hell of a research for this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594576

Last edited:
in related news, their old flagship game (Final Fantasy) will shed its last vestiges of turn based and will become a clickfest on its FFXV version. The last one I enjoyed was FFX, after that they kept making it more and more twitchy until they finally made it an action game. I wonder what would have happened had Square and Enix not joined, would Enix still be making awesome turn based RPGs?

Last edited:
This is "Modern Times".

And "Following The Trail Of Money."

In your nearest cinema ...

Final Fantasy hasn't been turn based for a VERY long time.

No, they don't care is it fun. No, they don't care if you'll regret spending your money on the product. No, they don't care if the product is bugged.
Oh please. That's like saying a restaurant doesn't care if you like the food or not as long as they get to sell you one meal. Of COURSE they care! Bad products lead to fewer sales of the game and possibly even fewer sales of other games from the same publisher/dev.

Oh please. That's like saying a restaurant doesn't care if you like the food or not as long as they get to sell you one meal. Of COURSE they care! Bad products lead to fewer sales of the game and possibly even fewer sales of other games from the same publisher/dev.

Yes, but like food industry they have figured out how to appeal to the masses subconsciously while giving as little quality and nutrition as possible.

Well it sort of was, I think you could pause and select options and they would happen in sort of a phased-turn way. But the new one will be just action RPG, i.e., button smashing.

Back
Top Bottom