Morrowind Skywind "revive" trailer

zahratustra

SasqWatch
I wish... I wish... I wish... :)

morrowind damn, i so wish to replay this; ive been raising a dark elf this week in eso and seeing the dunmer areas put me in such a mood to replay morrowind

The modeling work they've done is amazing. What worries me is implementing the quests and content. I don't know if anyone's tried making quests with the Skyrim CK, but it's a miserable exercise in trial and error, and bug workarounds. I think this will be the big challenge.

Do it. I did a full MGSO playthrough including expansions and it was great.

If you give me a time-freeze skill :D
With pillars, gta5 and witcher 3 coming + wish to replay nwn1+2 and play icerwind dale ee :'(

No kidding, the progress is quite impressive.

However the real trouble begins with implementing & scripting main quest, guild questslines and numerious side quests. Then obviously they need to populate the gameworld with npcs, enemies, items and all kinds of flora & fauna. And not to mention writing thousands of lines of dialog. :)

Yeah, I'm sad to say I've never had much faith in this or the remake for Oblivion. It's just too much work to make the actual content. I'll be deeply impressed if they pull it off though, and I will most certainly give it a go.

This MOD looks great so far, so I'm hoping they finish it too. I would even pay for this one as it looks like they put a lot work into it.

The modeling work they've done is amazing. What worries me is implementing the quests and content. I don't know if anyone's tried making quests with the Skyrim CK, but it's a miserable exercise in trial and error, and bug workarounds. I think this will be the big challenge.

Aye, it's a huge pain in the ass. I'm not looking forward to FO4 modding. Or papyrus savegame corruption for that matter.

Doesn't matter how long it takes. I'm going to mod Skywind even further after it's released. The inventory, the UI. Everything. I'm a Morro-freak :D

Trouble is that if it takes too long a new engine will come out and Morro-freaks might abandon this project in favour of the new engine...

That didn't stop the Tamriel Rebuilt crew. The Creation Kit, that is, it being superior to any CS Bethesda had released before. Despite vanilla Skyrim being a wreck in a technical sense, the Creation Kit holds universal praise and it's unlikely that we'll have a better tool anytime soon..

Morroblivion have managed it and the end product is a pretty much complete copy of the original 2002 game (even down to the amount of clutter being somewhat spartan like the original). David Brasher did most of the work tidying/implementing the quest lines IIRC (with help from a bunch of others of course).

The Skywind guys though are building everything as opposed to converting and then fixing like MWOB so is probably still a more significant undertaking. Hopefully they can stick it out. It'll certainly make many people's day.

-kaos

It would mine...

It does seem odd, in a way, to be porting to what is already a 5 year old 32 bit engine designed for consoles with very little RAM, not very well converted for PC and with a rotten UI. I do wish that instead of continually patching leaky Betheda boats (and giving Bethesda all the cash), someone would come up with a more modern & stable open world RPG engine. One might think that the Open Morrowind project would be doing something like that and that they'd make their engine more generic, but I get mixed vibes watching their stuff and wonder how likely it is to ever get released. Maybe Witcher 3 will be the next decent engine - Morrowitch? Witcherwind?

Unfortunately it's always like that Roq. New engine comes out, people start making Morrowind port for this engine and, by the time they are half way through their project, years have passed and new and much better engine is released. Rinse and repeat...

It is like tossing water out of a leaky boat. And the boat keeps sinking.

If I had the talent, I'd love to put an open world game in CryEngine or UnrealEngine (like Tera did).

Back
Top Bottom